Remove the polish and make it personal to help your story sellStream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- "The Wall Street Journal. Complete Small Business Guidebook"
- "Start a Successful Business: Expert Advice to Take Your Startup from Idea to Empire (Inc. Magazine)"
- Many entrepreneurs are driven to start a business because of a pain point they want to solve
- Sara Blakely, founder of Spanx
- Time, patient, effort, resources are required
- Mint.com founder was struggling with his personal finances became his own first customer
- Be willing to adapt and modify your initial idea
- "The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses," Eric Reiss
- Start with your MVP—Minimum Viable Product
- Netflix and Amazon
- Elon Musk
- Things will never be perfect to launch so launch
- So much common sense is overlooked
- "Staple yourself to your customer's order."
- Get new ideas from new people
- Your pitch is too polished and impersonal for bonding with the media
- Highlight the quirky bits of your entrepreneurial journey
- "We (in the media) are not investors."
- "If it bleeds it leads."
- Make it personal
- Share your secrets to success, your growth hacks, your secrets, your morning routines
- Create a hook around a "news peg"
- "Fast turnaround" - less of a profile piece and more current
- Her favorite entrepreneurial story is Warby Parker, online eyeglass retailer
- They disrupted the status quo
- Dean Rotbart: Get More Press With Less Stress (For Free)
- Design Pickle's Russ Perry Is "The Sober Entrepreneur"
- From Stanford to Google To Entrepreneur, How Steven Benson Launched Badger Mapping
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Check out Colleen DeBaise's home on the web
- Get Colleen DeBaise's books
- Follow Colleen DeBaise's work on Inc