How to get more leads as the death of the website arrives
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- ClickFunnels Chief Revenue and Business Development Officer Dave Woodward shares insight into what works—and what just doesn’t—when it comes to freelancing.
- Currently, about 53 million Americans—or 34% of the total workforce—work as freelance employees. Some forecasters believe this number could hit 50% by 2020.
- “Right now,” says Dave, “we're seeing a huge increase in freelancers and agencies and people who are supplementing their income by doing other types of things.”
- Dave shares tips for freelancers on what’s working for them and what really isn’t.
- Freelance Fails
- Lead generation: “For a lot of freelancers, one of the things they struggle with is they just don't know how to generate enough leads. These are people who have great skills, but they're spending all this time trying to generate leads and can't get enough leads to really pay for it.”
- Fighting for crumbs: “When you're in [a competitive freelance] environment, you're now competing for the crumbs that were left [by the freelancer who beat you to the punch]. It's this whole idea of bottom feeding up. In other words, you're competing to drive price to the bottom for a service that actually should be extremely valuable.”
- Charging too little: “One of the things we really want to combat right now is helping people understand that you, as a freelancer or as an agency, actually need to be selling your services at a higher price point and providing the type of quality that allows people to go, ‘You know what? I want to pay that.’”
- What to Do Instead—Build a funnel to sell your services: “People spend all this money trying to create a website to sell their agency services. It'll never, ever work that way. I want to make sure you understand that. Websites are dying. You've got to find ways of building a sales funnel and learning how that funnel actually works…Too often, people are spending a ton for traffic [that clicks through to] a website where a person gets lost.”
- Leading prospects to a sales funnel instead, Dave asserts, will solve your lead-generation and fighting-for-crumbs problems. From there, all you need to do is focus on providing high-quality services that merit the higher price points you really need to be charging in order to thrive as a freelancer.
- Sept 23, 2014 they founded ClickFunnels
- Online sales and marketing tool
- The death of the website is approaching
- It's great software for testing quickly
- Integrates with HubSpot
- For every $1 you earn on the front end you can make $17 on the backend
- The first $1 is the toughest to earn
- What is your cost to acquire a customer and what is the average cart value?
- The "Mother Funnel" starts with a survey
- They give you three funnels with one being focused on list building
- Valuable Content
- Facebook Live
- Tons of support via phone, chat, and private group
- Focus on "who" vs "what"
- Sub out all you can so you can stop doing it all yourself
- Get referrals for good people from other business owners
- Look within as you start to grow
- Look for culture and chemistry. Skills can be taught.
- Make Magnetic Marketing With These Copywriting Tips From Lukas Resheske
- Master Your Online Business Growth With Entrepreneur and Mom, Alison Prince
- How An Entrepreneur Buys Successful Businesses With Carl Allen
- See If You Have What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur With Kevin Siskar
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Find your ideal funnel and use ClickFunnels free for 14-days
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as: