If you think you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur, the Founder Institute is for youStream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Helped found 110 companies
- Founder Institute—early stage accelerator
- 14-week accelerator program
- Bring in mentors, CEOs, etc
- Working groups to simulate a Board of Directors
- Why do people fail?
The company only dies when the founder quits."
- Everything you think you know when you start is wrong...but don't stop
- The best founders have a mindset that they are open to new things
- Has a predictive psych test with five key factors
- High fluid intelligence. Not the same as IQ. How fast can you solve problems.
- High openness.
- Agreeableness (@60%)
- Professional experience.
- Narcissism and entitlement is bad.
- Deceit and lying
- Predatory aggressiveness.
- They take a 4% equity stake and put it in a bonus pool shared with all of the founders in the cohort and the mentors who volunteered their time, the local director teams, and the company
- Run bootcamp style.
- The last one started with 30 and 14 graduated.
- All meet in person
- Mentors rate founders and founders rate mentors
- Start with a vision
- Without a strong vision and passion your business will die at the 2-3 year point
- Iterate on one thing
- Udemy is one of their grads
- "Special assignments" are given by the mentors to founders who are falling behind
- Some quit
- Some crush it
- "Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice From The Best In The World" you don't get paid well until you go deep on something
- Do the self-work. Figure yourself out. Know your "why."
- A Good Catholic Entrepreneur? (Meet David Dewolf)
- Design Pickle's Russ Perry Is "The Sober Entrepreneur"
- Pamela Slim (Escape Cubicle Nation & Embrace Your Entrepreneurial Spirit)