You are the bottleneck to your own company growth
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Business Process Outsourcing Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Wife was put on bedrest with their third pregnancy
- He was running an affiliate business and needed to streamline his work
- He turned over 100% of his work to two of his staff in The Philippines who had already been with him for 18 months
- They were already somewhat trained and he spent a little time with them
- He worked about an hour a week for the next three weeks
- He found he replaced himself...it wasn't 100% as good as he would've done it but they were talented and he had to set them free and get out of his own way
- The things John hated doing were getting done
- John tried hiring Indians and that didn't work out
- John hired four local people and they stole his ideas
- He hired contractors on ODesk/UpWork to do 50 articles but then he had to check the articles to see if they were plagiarized and then share them everywhere
- Got a tip to an agency in The Philippines and hired his first two staff
- He prefers this to having an agency with a pool of workers that get assigned jobs
- He golfed for two months after the baby was born and he realized he needed to work so he wanted to see how he could improve his business model
- He guided the process and had them execute
- Jing helped him create training videos and screen-sharing tutorials
- To this day he'll use tools like Jing and SnagIt 30 times per day to share ideas
- Now he doesn't touch anything: programming, content, Facebook Ads, Google Ads
- But sometimes
- John hated Facebook (6 years ago) but one of his people encouraged him to get on there and execute her plan to leverage Facebook and it has worked well
- They get a lot of workers from India that try to apply to his Filipino job board and one of his staff came up with an idea to filter them out
- Whereas we think we can't trust them, they don't trust us to not berate and fire them for a simple error
- If you have zero patience this won't work for you
- He now has over 300,000 resumes
- His services keeps workers from scamming clients
- 100% of his work today—2.5 to 3 hours per day—is centered around giving feedback to his team
- He now has 21 people
- It took a while to transition from using his virtual staff to grow his affiliate business to making them his business
- "I don't know what works today...because we do everything."
- Post in forums
- Facebook Ads
- Share on Facebook and Instagram
- He stopped doing email
- Go try to hire someone now
- Agents of Value
- 123 Employee
- Online Jobs
- See if they change your life
Catch Up on Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman Swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Find your outsourced assistant at the home of John Jonas, Online Jobs
How'd You Like This Episode?
Now go sell something.