To be elite, constantly push yourself
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- You need to gain some perspective to overcome
- Suffering is included in this process
- Stop focusing inward. Perspective helps you realize you're not alone and others have overcome the same or worse.
- How to handle life ambushes
- To launch the ambush you're trying to get the enemy to stop fighting back by getting them in the "X"
- In life when we have bad things happen the mechanics to handle it are the same for us as humans: we hunker down and look back at what we lost vs. forward to where we need to go
- It's like quicksand. The longer you sit the deeper you are pulled in and the harder it becomes to move on.
- Don't place unrealistic expectations on yourself like "I'm not worthy of ever being happy again since ABC happened to me."
- Sometimes we need to move and find cover to relieve the pressure and make a better decision.
- Listen to Jason Redman's first interview on The Sales Podcast
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- Your loss does not define you
- Life is a choice
- You're not weak to ask for help
- Five key areas to prepare yourself for life's ambushes
- Close friends
- The elite are constantly pushing themselves
- The Pyramid of Change
- People who put forth no effort (the bottom of the pyramid)
- At the top is the burnout zone (Jason will go here if he's not careful)
- Most live in the second tier, the Comfort Zone, but it's bad here.
- Above that is the Zone of Discomfort where the elite live. They have goals that keep them going. You'll get better and things will get easier so you have to push yourself.
- Exercising is the easiest thing you can do to get you going
- People quit because of the pain and discomfort but most quit because we tell ourselves "I can't do it." And it's a lie.
- It's never too late.
- People will follow you if you give them a reason to.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Jason Redman's website
- Connect with Jason Redman on Facebook
- Connect with Jason Redman on Instagram
- Listen to Jason Redman's podcast, JR Overcome Show
- Order Jason Redman's book, "The Trident: The Forging and Reforging of a Navy SEAL Leader"
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Automate Your Sales For Just $9
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft
- Find Your Best CRM For Free