Be nimble...but stay the course
Click here to download the episode.
Entrepreneur Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Diamond industry his entire life
- Marketing diamonds
- Author of "Chrysalis"
- Working from home since he sold
- Buying groceries online now
- Be nimble but also know when to stay the course
- Diamond market crashed in 1981 due to monetary policy changes
- He was nimble and retooled his offering
- Took a decade to become profitable
- This is the time for entrepreneurs to flourish
- Go find a need and fill it
- Find the opportunities in the chaos
- Launching his Museum of Diamonds as a free service during the COVI-19 quarantine
- Change equals opportunity
- Necessity is the mother of invention
- He had no formal education or relevant expertise when the diamond market crashed
- He stayed the course because he had nothing else he could do
- Sold the company in 2004
- Everyone has a mountain to climb, so start climbing
Check out this interview with Jacques’s son, Erik Voorhees, a fellow entrepreneur and cryptocurrency expert on episode 492 of The Sales Podcast