Sue B Zimmerman: How Businesses Use Instagram To Grow Sales
Sep 07, 2017
Watch your teenagers to determine where to market your business next
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Has started 18 businesses
- Market, promote, amplify
- Used to sell polliwogs as a young girl
- Was teaching social media locally
- Applied it to her retail business
- Tried everything...including FourSquare and Animoto
- Her teenage twin daughters told her about Instagram (follow the leads of your kids to see what is the next hot trend)
- This was around 2012 and her retail sales blew up (jewelry, etc in an affluent seasonal resort)
- Loves teaching
- Used to teach Pinterest, which is primarily a bookmarking site that creates backlinks
- You don't share selfies on Pinterest
- Instagram is more of an emotional pull and connection
- Put your YouTube videos on Pinterest because the backlinks are so valuable
- Instagram is your digital magazine
- There's a promise on the cover of a magazine
- You buy the magazine to benefit from the promise on the cover
- Stay in your lane, your niche on Instagram, which is why she has a business, a personal, and a team account on Instagram
- Each serves a different purpose
- The description of your photo—2,200 characters—doesn't have to match the image. Make it a micro-blog like her "The Instagram Expert"
- Go deeper
- The theory / philosophy of creating an effective funnel on Instagram
- Match your business name to you
- Have a good photo
- Have a good logo
- Have a good bio in a creative way, i.e. not your LinkedIn bio
- A good URL with a good Call To Action
- Not spammy or salesey
- Provide value: inform, inspire, entertain
- Nuture your leads and you can eventually close big deals that started from your Instagram account
- Sue B Zimmerman nurtures her leads with Ontraport
- Show up, hustle, put in your time
- You have to cross-pollinate with your leads who opt-in
- Include video on your blogs
- Bring people back to your published content
- Your site is your home base. It's what you own.
- Published content is the site while promotional content is social media.
- You only need three promotional sites to do this right. You can't do everything right by being on every platform.
- Meet your clients where they are
- On "blog day" she treats it like a launch
- Animated GIfs
- Updates link in her Instagram bio
- Goes live on Instagram at the same time each week (stays live for 24 hours) and 3x viewers on replay
- Does not repurpose her videos. Wants followers to watch soon for fear of missing out
- Everything she does feeds into her main goals. This is not all giggles.
- They batch videos (6-10) with outfit changes, intros, outtros, scripting, transcription, blog post creation
- 6-10 hours per blog post
- Makes it so good you come back for more
- People make too little money because they complicate things
- Show up consistently
- Spends money on professional photos annually
- Left Periscope and Snapchat
- The magic is in the video
- She'll go live on Facebook at the same time every two weeks
- Play to your strengths. If you're an introvert then create great written content.
- It's okay to go live wherever you are to "take your followers with you"
- Creates micro-groups of 15 on Instagram
- Strive to surprise and delight
- You can be an affiliate and recommend tools that make sense to grow your income
- Take the #SueBMadeMeDoIt challenge - search it on Instagram
- Let her know your favorite thing you learned on this
- Tag @SueBZimmerman and @SalesWhisperer
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman Swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Get Sue B Zimmerman's 20-page guide on Instagram Strategy
- Follow Sue B Zimmerman on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sue B Zimmerman's YouTube channel
- Enroll in Sue B Zimmerman's "Ready. Set. Gram." lifetime access course
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you liked this episode, would you please share your appreciation by letting my guest and me know on Twitter and by leaving a 5-star review on iTunes. It helps more than you would think.
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Make Every Sale
- Get ActiveCampaign For Just $9
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Infusionsoft Review
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Now go sell something.