Get into the weeds to improve your speeds and feeds
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Sean is the Director of Sales for Pagely, the premier managed WordPress hosting provider. He has over twenty years of experience in tech, marketing and sales roles and specializes in automation and sales systematization. Sean lives and works in Lisbon, Portugal where he kite surfs and mentors startups in the Startup Lisboa incubator. Read more from Sean on his personal blog or tune into his podcast for digital nomads.
- Hosts Wordpress for big companies like Oprah, Disney, Facebook
- Issues to consider
- Page load
- Patching and updates of plugins
- Has a partner network
- "Make the logo bigger"
- Digital Ocean or AWS for hosting if you're good running things on your own
- GoDaddy can help in a shared hosting environment with support
- AWS is Amazon Web Services
- Load speed
- Plugins are the typical culprit that negatively impact your load speed
- Get your cache straight
- "What do you employ as a caching strategy?"
- Engine X full page caching
- Object caching
- CDN—content delivery network
- They use the Amazon CDN CloudFront
- All the static assets of your website like PHP server output
- Inspect your pages to determine load speed of each element
- CDN pushes static assets to POPs
- Optimize your images
- Troubleshooting Plugins
- White glove migration
- Shared responsibility model
- Husband and wife team built Pagely for themselves 10 years ago with no funding
- They were first to market and they created a great reputation
- HubSpot vs Wordpress
- HubSpot vs Wordpress Blogging Review
- Introduction to The Sales Whisperer® Way of Creating Inbound Sales