Get into the weeds to improve your speeds and feeds
Click here to download the episode.
[ LISTEN NOW ON ITUNES ]
Make The Logo Bigger
- Sean is the Director of Sales for Pagely, the premier managed WordPress hosting provider.
- He has over twenty years of experience in tech, marketing, and sales roles and specializes in automation and sales systematization.
- Sean lives and works in Lisbon, Portugal where he kitesurfs and mentors startups in the Startup Lisboa incubator.
- Read more from Sean on his personal blog or tune into his podcast for digital nomads.
- Hosts WordPress for big companies like Oprah, Disney, Facebook
- Issues to consider
- Page load
- Patching and updates of plugins
- Has a partner network
- "Make the logo bigger"
- Digital Ocean or AWS for hosting if you're good at running things on your own
- GoDaddy can help in a shared hosting environment with support
- AWS is Amazon Web Services
- Load speed
- Plugins are the typical culprit that negatively impact your load speed
- Get your cache straight
- "What do you employ as a caching strategy?"
- Engine X full page caching
- Object caching
- CDN—content delivery network
- They use the Amazon CDN CloudFront
- All the static assets of your website like PHP server output
- Inspect your pages to determine load speed of each element
- CDN pushes static assets to POPs
- Optimize your images
- Troubleshooting Plugins
- White glove migration
- Shared responsibility model
- Husband and wife team built Pagely for themselves 10 years ago with no funding
- They were first to market and they created a great reputation
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
Market like you mean it.
Now go sell something.