How to build a high velocity sales machine
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Author of "Hacking Sales"
- Machine learning, virtual assistants, etc
- Do more with less
- Scalable sales machines for startups
- Startups can't throw money at sales issues
- Access and leverage and prepare better before you get on the phone
- Shorten the sales cycle and pre-qualify / dis-qualify quickly
- You can do too much research so how much information do you need?
- Be careful what you discuss
- Worked at Udemy through their initial seed rounds
- Was analytical in their metrics
- Smooth talkers can get by
- Organizations need metrics
- "The Law of Sevens" in marketing and advertising
- You need to own your sales and prospecting efforts
- Did his first "Sales Hacker Conference" in six weeks and cleared $60k
- 300 attendees in Sept 2013 in San Francisco
- He had to open an LLC to cash a $10k sponsor check
- Started an invite-only Sales Hacker MeetUp before this with three other guys
- It grew to about 20 people and sponsors and speakers came from that MeetUp
- MeetUps in 32 cities, partnered with Salesforce
- Your bigtime money will come from owning your own business
- Test your ideas
- Start with the MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Master arbitrage
- Failed at his first two ventures then got the experience he needed
- He beat himself up at first but he realized he was learning
- Own your mistakes
- You have to adjust your sales to match how your buyers buy
Catch Up on Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Max Altschuler's home on the web at Max Alts
- Check out Max Altschuler's home on the web at Sales Hacker
- Get Max Altschuler's book "Hacking Sales"
- Follow Max Altschuler on Twitter
- Follow Sales Hacker on Twitter
- Join our private Facebook Group, The Implementors, to continue the conversation
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Automate Your Marketing For $9/mo
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Fix Your Follow Up Failure
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft