Mark started his first online business in 1997 and made his first $452 in 1998. He lived in the Bahamas and owned over 32,000 porn sites between 1999 & 2001. (This made him popular with his male friends.) In 2001 he lost $4.5 million! (This did NOT make him popular with his ex wife.) He spent two years in prison for growing Marijuana. (This did make him very popular with the British police.) Then things got interesting.
Mark is considered an online business expert helping many businesses world wide to grow their online presence and revenues. He speaks around the world and motivates entrepreneurs to take control of their lives and live life on their own terms. Mark Lyford strives to change the negative self-perceptions we all have so we can reach our full potential.
Greatest Sales Success
- Mark built 32,000 porn sites in two years, making $2,000,000 per year...before he lost it all.
More Episodes With Successful Former Prisoners & Down 'N Out Entrepreneurs
- Bond Halbert: Prison Can Make You Write, Market & Sell Better
- Mike Pisciotta: From a Prison Cell to Living Well
- From Drugs and Abortions To Focus and Family: Meet Brian Scrone
- Get a good mentor.
- Being an entrepreneur is not an easy ride.
- “Being normal in this world gets you nowhere.”
- Have structure to your goals.
- Focus on what interests you or you’ll get bored.
- Pick something with a high demand and high margin.
- Clickbank is changing now and you can find the higher-priced items.
- “There’s nothing online that’s easy.”
- But you can keep your overhead low, which helps you get started.
- If you need $5,000/mo to leave your job break it down into daily goals. Call it $200/day to cover expenses.
- Engage your list. Offer value. 5:1 - 5 pieces of value and one offer.
- Do one thing today - get started.
Get Mark Lyford's Book, Rebel Entrepreneur: Porn, Paradise, Pot and Prison - Life, Business and Lessons Learned
If you liked this episode, please let Mark Lyford and me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer® podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
Now go sell something.