- Capitalism provides the greatest path to prosperity.
- A so-called "open-minded/tolerant" person will stop reading this book maybe halfway down this page.
- Entrepreneurs are what make this country great.
- Bacon is the candy of meats.
- A business owner owes it to himself, his staff, his vendors, his family and his clients to make as much money as possible by meeting their needs with excellence to ensure he stays in business.
- Children are a blessing from God.
- A business owner's #1 job is to market.
- The #1 goal of marketing is to build a big list.
- The #1 sin of marketing is being boring.
- A sales manager's #1 job is to recruit.
- A sales person's #1 job is to prospect.
- Entrepreneurs need more help Implementing and being held Accountability than generating ideas to grow.
- The teaching/training methods and methodologies that sprung forth from the Industrial Revolution are not only inadequate and insufficient for success and happiness in 2019 and beyond, but are actually harmful and hindering our abilities to reach our full potential as citizens and entrepreneurs today.
- The lottery is for people who are bad with math.
- Political correctness is making America weak.
- People that feel "entitled" are making America weak.
- People who need “safe spaces” are making America weak.
- People who get “triggered” are making America weak.
- Businesses can only grow through dedicated, focused, hard work over an extended period of time.
- The SEC is the greatest college football conference in the universe. (Florida State got lucky...but their players are all SEC neighbors.)
- 99.9% of those who participate in social media marketing are not social, know nothing about media, and even less about marketing, which is why they (you?) fail.
- Cold calling still works and never stopped working.
- Only idiots and fools make old school, blind cold calls today.
- There is no one "right way" to grow your business.
- Marketing is just selling in print. To be a better marketer, learn how to sell.
- Yellow Pages can still get you clients (especially if you sell to Baby Boomers).
- Newspaper advertising can still get you clients.
- Radio advertising can still get you clients.
- TV advertising can still get you clients.
- Fax broadcasts can still get you clients. (And big fines, so do it right.)
- SEO still matters.
- Content is still king.
- Relevant content is the queen (but we know she tells the king how to dress, what to eat and when to STHU.)
- Text messaging can still get you clients. (And more big fines, so do it right.)
- Gary Halbert was right. Motion beats meditation.
- There is no problem you are facing now in your business that a 100% increase in profits can't fix.
- When you double your profits, you won't be problem-free. You'll just have a new set of problems.
- Handwritten notes/cards/letters can still get you clients.
- Phone calls can still get you clients.
- People that are easily-offended are not happy people and should be fired as clients.
- The only thing the government is good at is killing people and breaking things.
- You cannot tax your way into prosperity.
- Guns don't kill people.
- It's the drunk driver's fault and his fault alone.
- It's a life, not a choice.
- If you can measure it you can improve it.
- Two heads are better than one.
- You can't steer a parked car, so get moving. (See Gary Halbert above.)
- You can't read the label from inside the bottle.
- In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. (See Desiderius Erasmus and Genesis Rabbah.)
- History does repeat itself.
- Those that don't know history...are probably victims of public school education. (See the government killing people and breaking things.)
- Kids don't know better. Tell them what to eat, when to go to sleep, and what to watch on TV. Make them go to church with you on Sunday until they are 18, out of the house, and paying 100% of their own living and educational expenses, including their own health insurance and cell phone bill.
- We all need someone to look up to.
- I did build that.
- Healthcare is not a Constitutional right, nor should it be.
- Healthcare would be more affordable if the government got out of it.
- We don't have healthcare in America. We have "sick-care" and it's scary.
- We are eating ourselves to death in America.
- Mass media in America is no longer seeking the truth but is promoting an agenda.
- The worshipping of professional athletes is ridiculous.
- The "spiritual but not religious" are just too lazy to develop their consciences and their faith…get up and go to church on Sunday.
- God is love, and love is visible in our children and in our works. Since love is only present when there is someone else to love I believe in the Trinity.
- Shortcuts may produce short-term results but always produce long-term weaknesses.
- Your website is the hub—the center—of your marketing.
- In negotiating from a position of strength.
- Your company doesn't owe you anything.
- Unions have outlived their usefulness.
- In Single Malt Scotch.
- And Blended Scotch.
- And good Bourbon.
- And cold beer in a frosty mug.
- And big Malbecs.
- And bigger cigars.
- And PING® putters.
- And carrying at least four wedges in your golf bag.
- That a crawfish boil is the best way to "pass a good time, cher."
- That the first person to eat an oyster was really hungry.
- Cold calling scripts work.
- Sales scripts work.
- Business can and does get done on the golf course.
- People will read long blog posts.
- People will read what interests them. Even ads. (Thanks Howard Luck Gossage.)
- The Earth does not need saving. (It's a 12,756.3 km around rock that weighs 5.972^24 kilograms. You and I need saving.)
- Multi-tasking is the art of doing two things half as well as they should be done.
- Implementing multi-media, multi-step nurture / follow-up sequences is the only way to grow your business.
- If you don't piss someone off by noon, you're not marketing. (Thanks, Dan Kennedy.)
- If you don't toot your own horn, your competitors sure as hell won't.
- Mom was wrong. You need to talk to strangers to grow your business and make a sale.
- Video is a great way to market your business.
- A smartphone makes video that is "good enough" to market your business. (See "steering parked cars" above.)
- Testimonials are great for marketing your business.
- Too few people ask for testimonials.
- Too few people as for video testimonials.
- Referrals are great for growing your business.
- Too few people ask for referrals.
- Podcasts are a great way to market your business.
- The Sales Podcast is a great podcast
- The CRM Sushi Podcast is also a great podcast
- Few podcasters will get rich and famous by having a podcast.
- Email newsletters are a great way to market your business.
- Without Goliath, David would've died an unknown shepherd boy.
Typoeswill always be found after you hit Send/Print/ Publish. Hit it anyway.
- In you. Even if you...
- Vote differently than me.
- Have sex differently than me. (Get upset because I mentioned sex.)
- Practice your faith or spirituality or "religiousity" different than me.
- Make more money than me.
- Make less money than me.
- Are single, divorced, widowed/er, or a newlywed.
- Are taller than me.
- Stronger than me.
- Shorter than me.
- Dropped out of high school.
- Dropped out of college.
- Lost your home to foreclosure.
- Filed for bankruptcy.
- If you're an alcoholic or addicted to pain medications or porn or shopping or hoarding or sex (I said it again...twice really because I think porn is related to sex) or gambling or you name it.
I believe in you because I know that as long as you have air in your lungs and dreams and aspirations and even hopes and fears that you are still a work in progress and it ain't over 'til it's over.
I believe, as Zig Ziglar always said, that failure is not a person, it's an event and you cannot enjoy the fruits of your labor without a struggle. Without great effort.
By the way, being handed fame and fortune because of great lips or hips or the fact you can dunk a basketball or parrot a line is why so many celebrities and athletes and rich kids end up a mess.
God has us go through the birth canal for a reason.
It's true the day you were born to the day you give birth to your business.
Don't sweat the petty things. Believe bigger.
Laugh more. Eat more fiber. Floss more often.
Call your loved ones regularly.
Stay the course. Keep the faith. Endure.
Now go sell something.