Do You Want To Do a Lot or Earn a Lot?
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Is your goal to do a lot? Then this podcast is not for you.
- If you want to earn a lot in sales, this is for you.
- All of these offers and processes can and do work, but you can do too much and wear yourself down.
- Get a lot more by focusing on a lot less
- You can grind your way to a pretty good living with
- Skills and talents
- Work ethic
- To go "next level" requires planning and thought
- It's "focus management"
- You need strategy
- His results are simple but getting to simplicity is not easy
- "My guys know what the right things to do are, but they don't do them consistently."
- "No, your sales guys don't know what to do."
- "What do you need to do to go to the next level?"
- You hear mumbling.
- What does it mean to "get in front of more of the right people"?
- Brian reverse-engineers the goals (the mumblings are not things to do)
- You need measurable tasks
- When you don't know what your salespeople are doing week-to-week, you're in trouble
- You need more metrics than meeting counts and results
- Sales reps need pillars to manage
- There is no shortage of great sales training out there
- You can learn any skill
- But how do you choose the right skill to learn?
- What's the ROI of learning a new skill?
- He has been an entrepreneur for two decades and when he sold a business in 2013 he started helping others
- He doesn't produce a lot of inbound business
- Most of his business comes from
- Cold emailing campaigns (direct response copywriting) that leads to a phone call and a sale
- He goes bottom up on purpose
- He gets a sales rep results so management asks what he/she is doing and he is brought in
- He goes all-in on helping his one-on-one clients succeed
- His own pillar is working on his own product a few hours each week
- You need clarity or you will become overwhelmed
- He helps his clients strip away the busyness and keep things simple
- If you had to spend two hours per week for a year working on just one skill per orders from your sales manager, what would you work on?
- Slow down and ask better questions
- Find successful salespeople who are stuck
- 90% of the time they have no strategy. They just go-go-go.
- What's the opportunity cost of you saying yes to things that "probably won't hurt my business"?
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit become more productive with Brian Margolis on his website
- Order book, "The Index Card Business Plan For Sales Pros and Entrepreneurs: How to Use the Pillar System to Simplify Your Strategy and Magnify Your Results"
Subscribe To The Sales Podcast To Get Each Episode Immediately
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources...
- Automate Your Sales For Just $9
- Get "The Marketer's Guide To Finding Customers Online"
- Learn to put Personality In Copy
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft
- Find Your Best CRM For Free