Brad Lea, LightSpeed VT: What It Takes To Be a Salesperson Today
Sep 04, 2017
Professional salespeople know how to handle "I'm just looking"
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Was running a car dealership
- Was good at it
- Became an expert at sales negotiation
- Real deal lease presentation
- He started training people to teach that presentation
- But they didn't produce the results he wanted
- People need repetition
- One day workshops just expose people to the information
- Online learning will grow 300% over the next five years
- It's more scalable
- Make sure the drills and exercises are part of the membership
- Create better, more engaging training
- Training doesn't work because people don't apply what they learn
- If he had to start over he would've
- Dreamed bigger
- Worked harder and smarter
- Not trusting the same people (friends and buddies were wrong...but stayed on for eight years)
- He allowed these things to go on for years. He ignored his little voice.
- He didn't value culture and vision and mission
- It takes as much effort to make $10 million as it does to make $1 million
- Shoot for 100% growth vs 20% growth
- Culture is accepted behavior and it goes beyond goals
- A bad culture will bring you down
- You attract A players by having A players
- "Who" is a book about using scorecards for hiring
- "The Hard Way"
- Why do you sing your ABCs flawlessly?
- Develop your skills continuously
- You get out what you put in
- Ask yourself a couple of questions and find out what you really want
- The more hands you shake the more money you make
- It's a numbers game
- Once you double your effort you'll get more business
- To so do, prepare yourself. Get better at your skills and when you double your effort you'll more than double your sales.
- Your job as a professional salesperson is to listen
- Most people don't follow up or do it correctly
- You can always get better
- Sharpen the ax
- Hold yourself accountable
- You must increase the value of your products so they are greater than the value of your money
- Buyers are liars
- We need to find the true objection
- "I'm just looking" is a defense mechanism
- End it with "...for whatever you've got."
- "Oh, you're just looking? Your brother 'been' was just here yesterday. Your sister 'still' will be in tomorrow."
- People don't make decisions because they don't have enough information
- Know your competition
- Sell yourself
- Know what makes you valuable to your clients
- Never forget a customer and never let a customer forget you
- "They're cheaper? Well they don't have me."
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Watch Brad Lea's story on how he grew his training business over 17 years
- "Zero to Lightspeed: The 5 Factors To Guaranteed Success"
- Like Brad Lea on Facebook
- Follow Brad Lea on Twitter
- Visit LightSpeed VT
Market like you mean it.
Now go sell something.