Dr. Seuss wasn't a doctor.
But that didn't stop him from publishing 46 books, translated into 21 languages, and selling over 600 million copies and counting.
You've never heard of that word but you know what it means as you read it in context.
That's what Dr. Seuss did and it's what you need to do in your own marketing to get your message across.
Some I've used over the years include:
- Life is good. It's gooder when you're selling.
- Childrenly Candidly (for a photographer that photographs kids).
- The right tool used "rightly."
- Automagically (I didn't invent it but you're seeing that used more and more.)
In every Weekly Whisper and post I do my best to sprinkle at least one Seussing word in to spice things up and I encourage you to do the same.
Depending on your audience you may want/need to put the word in italics and/or parentheses to let the world know you're not losing your mind and that you do know that it's not a word.
But by throwing in words like this it makes the reader stop and think for a second.
It wakes them up and gets them to focus a little more closely to your writing because they think
"Hey. What is that?
"Is it really a word that I don't know or is the author losing her mind?
"It's in italics.
"Maybe it's a foreign word, which makes her a world traveler and more cosmopolitan than I thought.
"Or she's Seussing, which also makes her more interesting than I thought.
"Either way, that's pretty cool.
"I like this person.
"I'll keep reading, maybe even opt-in for something...and even buy something."
So put your hat from your cat on top of your head,
Realize your marketing must be alive, not dead,
Think up some words that are fun to sound out,
That will give you, more marketing and sales clout.
If you need more help growing your sales, consider the following resources:
- Apply MagneticMarketing to your business and watch your business grow
- Learn to put PersonalityInCopy and watch your influence grow
- Go where the money is: Marketing To The Affluent
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Ontraport Demo
Or just contact me and we'll set a time to speak.