Why Is The Fear of God In Our DNA?
Throughout history we see...
- Cavemen feared the thunder.
- The Romans had Juno, Jupiter, and Mars
- The Greeks had Hera, Zeus, and Ares.
- The Vikings had Odin and Thor (cool action figure, BTW) and worshipped their ancestors.
- The Incas had Illapa, the Weather God (my favorite, but I'm a biased Air Force meteorologist), and believed in Inti, the Sun god.
- The Yorùbá of Africa have Ọlọ́run, the supreme creator diety as well as gods of the air, volcanoes, rivers and war.
- The Aborigines have the Wandjina spirits.
- Hindus have Viraj and Purusha.
- The Inuit have Igaluk, god of the moon, Nanook, master of bears, and Sedna, sea Goddess and ruler of the underworld.