The Transparent Sales Leader, With Todd Caponi
Sep 08, 2022
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Knew leadership was his thing
- Got promoted
- Was excited...then reality hit him that he didn't have processes to be a sales leader
- Mapped out his own responsibilities and has been following them for 14 years
- Individual contributors must change and nurture others
- If you want to be an individual contributor forever, there's no shame in that game
- 85% of us skip the 5-star reviews and go read the bad reviews
- A product with an average score of 4.2 to 4.5 is optimal
Related episodes and posts
- Embrace the truth.
- Accentuate the negative.
- Address the elephant in the room.
- "Sticker shock" is not a good concept.
- Lose fast.
- Hearing "no" early, is a win.
- IKEA is the #1 furniture store for 14 years.
- We don't buy when we're convinced, we buy when we can predict. "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"
- We're biased on our reward by the journey.
We don't buy when we're convinced, we buy when we can predict."
- A confused mind says no.
- "Buyers know more nowadays." 1912, "Salesmanship"
- 2015, Forrester, State of Sales, "One million B2B sales jobs will go away by 2020."
- The opposite happened.
- More information has made it harder for buyers.
- Salespeople must do the homework for their buyers.
- When Toys R Us went out of business they had two kids, 7 and 9.
- His kids were crying because they had so many options and they could never get comfortable with their decision.
- "Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations," Dan Ariely
- Engaged employees are gold for your business.
- The science of intrinsic inspiration.
- Your salespeople are coin-operated is right, but you're doing it wrong.
- Recognize and grow your people.
- Obvious, entertaining, actionable.
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: Just because you like the show, the no-bullshit approach, and don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Sendspark: Send video emails that make an impact so you can stand out from the noise. Use promo code SALESWHISPERER to get 33% off for 3 months
- Get Todd's newest book, "The Transparent Sales Leader"
- Guest Twitter: https://twitter.com/tcaponi
- Guest Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tcaponi/
- Guest LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/toddcaponi/
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- Vimeo Full Episodes
- Check out the sponsors above, it’s the best way to support this podcast
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer