Share: 1 Samuel 18:1-4 - Jonathan shares his most prized possessions with David.
- Share stories from other people with a link / credit 2-5 times a day.
- Share useful information such as “Target is having a sale. Coupon online." (Bonus points for providing the URL).
Community: Genesis 1:26, "God said, 'Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves...". (God is community.) Leviticus 8:4, "So Moses followed the Lord’s instructions, and the whole community assembled at the Tabernacle entrance."
- Don't be a loner. Find and join online events that use #hashtags. This is an online community with similar interests.
- Other like-minded people participating in the online event will find you and appreciate you, too!
- Use Twitter Search (http://search.twitter.com) to find people talking about the things that interest you and that you talk about and follow them!
Acknowledge others: Luke 12:8 “I tell you the truth, everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, the Son of Man will also acknowledge in the presence of God’s angels."
- Acknowledge the existence of other users and followers by responding to them using the @reply method. This will make your reply (acknowledgement) of them public and people following them will in turn be updated.
Be Visible: John 5:35 "He was the lamp that was burning and was shining and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light."
- Add your Twitter URL to your email signature.
- Add it to your website.
- Add it to your Facebook page.
- Let people know you are on Twitter and make it easy for them to find and follow you.
Moderation & Self Control: 1 Corinthians 9:25 "Every athlete exercises discipline in every way."
- 15-20 tweets a day freaks most people out.
Avoid Vanity: Psalm 31:6 "I hate those who regard vain idols, but I trust in the LORD."
- What you're eating isn't that interesting, except maybe to your mom. So keep the mundane thoughts to yourself.
- Tweet about others and things of interest and benefit to others. Don't make it all about you.
- Limit your selfies (and reduce your bathroom selfies to zero!)
Respect the House: Act appropriately: (Matthew 21:12-13) "Jesus entered the Temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 'It is written,' he said to them, 'My house will be called a house of prayer but you are making it a den of robbers.'"
- Don't invite friends to answer "What kind of Charlie's Angel am I?" or other stupid quizzes.
- Don't use Twitter to invite others to join your Mafia Wars team.
- Act right or be "driven out" by being ignored or worse, "unfollowed," which means you become invisible online. What kind of influence can you have if nobody knows you exist?
Social networking is first and foremost, social. Act accordingly.
If you need more help growing your sales, consider the following resources:
- Apply MagneticMarketing to your business and watch your business grow
- Learn to put PersonalityInCopy and watch your influence grow
- Go where the money is: Marketing To The Affluent
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Ontraport Demo
Or just contact me and we'll set a time to speak.