Selfish people are terrible at sales
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Three types of sales posturing
- Peer posturing
- Inferior posturing (Columbo)
- Superior posturing (you're a jerk if you try to play this card all the time)
- Partner with Chet Holmes on "The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies"
- Paid $40k via Jay Abraham to get the IP of Chet Holmes
- Charlie Munger
- Once you get hyped up enough (get into state per Anthony Robbins) you can manifest it
- Brian Tracy International
- So Chet became CHI - Chet Holmes International
- Then Business Breakthrough International
- Now things don't work...they just work better
- Focused on sales skills and recruiting sales superstars
- How to influence human beings never changes
- Have a real dialogue with people
- Get on the phone
- Prospects will tell you how to sell to them...if you listen
- Have an intention to serve
- Now when you try to bond it comes across sincerely, because it is
- Objections are the reasons people buy
- "That's why you must move forward today..."
- Sales is not a selfish business, which is why most people are terrible at sales
- Old school guys stress creating a bond first then moving through the sales cycle
- How much momentum do you have in your sales funnel?
- This is both linear and cyclical. It's a linear process and each step has its own cycle.
- When you have enough momentum you can make a big statement and essentially tell the prospect they need to act now
- Memorization is the lowest level of learning
- Only superstars from the previous week can modify the script and they must train others on it
- Listen to the best
- Frank Kern likes monthly vs annual but he over-d elivers and has a great stick rate
- He acts as Interim VP of Sales for 6 months and trains daily
- He's a pure-commission "nut"
- Those that care more sell more. It comes across as compassion. Absence of judgement. Unconditional love.
- You need certainty and confidence with it.
- When you're on the phone dial in your intention to increase your efficacy on the phone
- Avoid "commission-breath"
- You can screw up when you have a clear intention. Grace back-fills where you might mess up.
- You are good enough and you are loved
- Focus on serving
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman Swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Ted Miller, III home on the web and double your sales
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Make Every Sale
- Get ActiveCampaign For Just $9
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Infusionsoft Review
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Now go sell something.