Can I eat it? Can I have sex with it? Will it kill me?Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Humans are predictable and complicated
- Great salespeople are good with human behavior and psychology
- You may have an intuitive sense and are unconsciously competent
- Humans follow rules of thumb, "heuristics"
- We don't want to think too much and that's a good thing
- The human brain only has access to so much glucose so it works to conserve energy
- Can I eat it? Can I have sex with it? Will it kill me?
- Look at habits: physical and mental
- Conditioned responses
- Easy to create a habit
- When you react to a stimulus a bit of dopamine is released
- Take an existing habit and make that response the stimulus for the new habit
- It has to be something easy
- Remove the nerves
- Maybe the first habit is to remove the nerves
- The more you know about yourself the better the engagement will go
- Breathe to calm yourself
- Maybe you need to increase your energy to increase your focus
- Become more self-aware
- Detach and notice what went well
- Have a routine
- Fear and hope
- Authenticity helps
- Millennials don't care how you look just bring authenticity
- Habit or value-based buying decision
- There are different parts of the brain that make these decisions
- They are mutually-exclusive
- If they are buying out of habit DO NOT introduce anything new to them
- If they are making a value-based buying decision, help them become confident
- A single neuron fires to make this happen
- Give them enough information, but not too much
- Get the indications from them to determine their confidence
- ASK THEM! Ask better questions!
- Close first, then present!
- One tip: identify one habit you have that is preventing you from having success
- Persuasive Techniques: To Get What You Want Offer Value First
- The Secret Persuasion Techniques to Making People Like You
- Steven Sisler Helps You Know What Makes You—and Your Prospects—Tick
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Check out Dr Susan Weinschenk's free video courses
- Listen to her Human Tech podcast
- Read The Team W blog
- Order her books
Now go sell something.