Use Contact Marketing To Deliver Insight
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Why business cards are "inert...actually, they're dead"
- Wall Street Journal cartoonist
- Why use comics/cartoons in your work to get any meeting
- Humor is insight
- A point of agreement is insight
- How to use contact marketing to deliver insight
- Call the executive assistant
- Get his/her email
- Multiple touches
- Send them content that highlights the recipient
- Make the packaging standout
- Has 1,600 cartoons with data insertion points ("wide personalization")
- "Deep personalization" involves creating a dossier on someone (by scraping or tools like Seamless AI) to send truly customized marketing information
- How to use visual metaphors
- From Playboy to the Wall Street Journal
- When the ideas hit him for the best cartoons
- Can take days to come up with an idea
- Was never trained as an artist
- Took a few live image sketch classes
- With charcoal
- Some in 15 seconds
- The importance of hands
- How to direct the eyes
- His reply to "Humor doesn't work in marketing!"
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Founder of Cartoonists
- Get Stu Heinecke's books
- "Get the Meeting!: An Illustrative Contact Marketing Playbook"
- "How to Get a Meeting with Anyone: The Untapped Selling Power of Contact Marketing"
- "Drawing Attention: How to unleash the incredible power of cartoons in marketing, advertising, sales promotion, job search, VIP contact campaigns and more"
- "Big Fat Beautiful Head: A book of cartoons by Stu Heinecke"
- Follow Stu Heinecke on Twitter
- Subscribe to Stu Heinecke's YouTube channel for more inspiration
- Visit Stu Heinecke's Cartoon Link
- Visit Stu Heinecke's home page
- How to have Edgy Conversations with turn around specialist, Dan Waldschmidt
- Get Dan Waldschmidt's book, "Edgy Conversations: How Ordinary People Can Achieve Outrageous Success"