How to sell when the customer is in charge
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Use data to know what your customers want
- Customer insight has fundamentally changed
- Ratings, reviews, etc. put the customer in charge
- Beyond surveys
- Keep up with cultural trends
- You cannot be tone deaf any longer
- So much advertising and marketing is...
- Ask your customers and core consumers what they think of what you're doing
- Stay in touch to get incremental input as you're launching a new offering
- Steve Jobs engaged with customers all the time and so did Jony Ive
- Be agile
- The cost of understanding your customers has come way down
- In-the-moment testing
- Machine learning
- Polling vs. surveys vs. sampling
- Big data is not always "magical"
- It's the accumulation of datasets that give you insight
The trouble with market research is that consumers don't think how they feel, they don't say what they think, and they don't do what they say.” David Ogilvy
- The problem with NPS and how to get more accurate info from your customers
- How to get relevant information faster and more reliably from customers
- Closed loop marketing
- Don't fear the 1-star reviews
- You can win customers back
- Go back to basic human practices
- What's in their heads and their hearts