About Today's Guest on The Sales Podcast
GJ Reynolds - Simply G - is now a Playful & Powerful Warrior Entrepreneur, Author, Life Transformer & Rebel who Challenges YOU to have fun reclaiming your Life, Health & Prosperity! But he didn't start out that way. Hear how he went from being an Army veteran working in the telecom industry to a burned out entrepreneur to a media mogul living life on his terms.
- As a 23 year old entrepreneur, Simply G didn’t know what he wanted to do or be. He joined the US Army then worked for Verizon for 5 years before they were Verizon. Today he has 476,000 Twitter followers but is not a “techie” although he enjoys technology.
- Know when to get out of an opportunity. Had a major crash that helped him write a book. (Make your misery your ministry.)
- Now he teaches/trains/coaches entrepreneurs.
- He started a media network to expand his reach.
- Now we have too much information and we can lose sight of “the mission at hand” when looking at business opportunities.
- As an entrepreneur you are a brand. When Simply G realized this he saw the importance of leveraging the brand and blending the brand to leverage it and develop it as a tool.
- It’s important to love what you do and have the passion to get through the tight spots but you must be able to discern and look objectively at your business to have a clear perception and to make good judgements about your business.
- Despite having his fingers in many pies - NASCAR, fitness, telecommunications - his relationships were the common thread.
- There are fundamental strategies and laws in business that work for any business.
- Business is business and it starts with leadership.
- Mission first.
- You can delegate authority but not responsibility.
- He was a “Twitter quitter."
- He produced great content and was interactive. It didn’t penalize him for being too prolific or sporadic with creating content.
- After five years he has gotten good at it.
- He took short cuts initially but now has learned what works.
- We’re in a short-attention-span, 140 character, 6-second video world
- The Tao of Twitter: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time by Mark Schaefer
- The Tao of Twitter, Revised and Expanded New Edition: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time
- You can’t let fear paralyze you.
- Sara Blakely, Spanx Founder
- John C. Maxwell, Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success
- Entrepreneurs see things early, ahead of the curve.
- False Evidence Appearing Real - FEAR
- Sometimes the wrong people are the people closest to you. Set boundaries.
- Building a radio network has been tough. “Don’t do it!!” HA!
- He had an expert partner that lead the way and did the heavy lifting and it has helped him grow his Twitter following.
- Everything he does for his brand fits together.
- Richard Branson has one big goal right in front of him and stays focused on it. If it takes him towards his goal.
- Three vital functions for any goal. They may be different for each goal, but break each goal down to its three vital functions such as fitness would be speed work, nutrition and rest.
- Stay the course to complete the mission you’re clear on.
- Find a mentor you trust that has been down your path and will tell you the truth.
- Simply G's home on the web
- Connect with Simply G on Twitter
- Get Simply G's book, “The Playful and Powerful Warrior within YOU!”
Subscribe To The Sales Podcast To Get Each Episode Immediately
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources...