Get discovered on YouTube and grow your sales
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- 17 years at the Weather Network
- Position yourself as an authority with video
- Generate your own buzz
- Get more PR as an offshoot
- Build your digital footprint/presence
- "Daily Mail UK" found her and linked to her
- YouTube is a discovery platform
- Reverse engineer the Google/YouTube algorithm
- Go all-in on one core platform
- She shifted from Facebook to YouTube to be discovered by more people
- Facebook is good for nurturing existing customers (As Jay Baer mentioned many years ago)
- Get a good, simple tripod for $30 to hold your smartphone
- Keep it simple
- "Uncover the Expert In You"
- Don't drive ads to content when you're new to this
- Build a proven model first
- Planning your content is good
- It takes experience to "News Jack" (See what TeeJ Mercer says about that)
- Don't let your perfectionism keep you from launching
- Quality of quantity
- Three years ago she would've said "two minutes or less"
- Now it's "am I showing up and adding value"