From Topless to Boundless: Meet Sherry Hemstreet
Dec 13, 2022
Frome homeless to top of the world
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Started online in 2008
- Started with affiliate marketing
- Went into brand management and online authority
- Started web design
- High school dropout
- Made okay money
- Had just given birth to her daughter
- Was a topless entertainer in New Orleans for 17 years
Related episodes and posts
- At 40, she took her first job ever in marketing to see how it was and to learn
- It didn't last long
- Started helping spiritual women with their business
- At 24 went to college once she was fully emancipated
- Just took the classes she was weak in and wanted to learn
- She was the only stripper that took a Bible to work!
- Got married and had a kid and launched her business
- Her brother was killed and told him who killed him and the police solved it so she has had some interesting spiritual events
- 17 years as a stripper is an eternity
- Single mother and homeless at 19
- She learned how to sell, learned human nature, learned about wealth
- She does not hide from her past
- Now she helps people who sell
- Works with women who own businesses and a few men
- "This wasn't given to you for your amusement." God's message to Sherry
- Eventually, the script will stop working.
- Eventually, everything stops working, and that's when you'll shift to a higher level.
- Go internal.
- Everyone is afraid of going to the next level.
- Her calibrations happen in your subconscious.
- "Why do you think you've plateaued?"
- We answer with a symptom.
- She's the ultimate underachiever.
- She's never had to lean on a certificate.
I know the value I bring."
- Humans thrive under a challenge.
- Walking on stage at 19 and topless was a scary but wonderful experience.
- Her biggest customers just wanted to talk with her.
- People want status, appreciation, and someone's full attention.
- I never chase money I've already earned.
- I always charge up-front.
- Establish the rules up-front.
- She went for "no" early.
- She raised her prices from $350 to $500/mo plus champagne.
- She thought she was playing small.
- She had a partner and had a 7-figure business but still felt like she was playing small.
- Things were easy and comfortable.
- Created 28 courses, so she's automating that.
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: Just because you like the show, the no-bullshit approach, and don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Sendspark: Send video emails that make an impact so you can stand out from the noise. Use promo code SALESWHISPERER to get 33% off for 3 months
- Guest Site: https://getbeyondmindset.com/thesalespodcast
- Guest Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/GetBeyondMindset/
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- Vimeo Full Episodes
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer