How to prove your business model without a business plan
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Spends between $60,000 to $100,000 per month on paid advertising
- Tests an idea on his personal profile
- When something resonates his head of content runs with it
- The more content he produces the more money he makes
- To dominate your kingdom you must serve your people
- You enlarge your kingdom by producing more value
- Spent $93,000 in January
- In January 2016 he only spent $5,000
- About $10k/mo on PR, some on YouTube, affiliate revenue, mostly Facebook now but diversifying
- Always looking at risk mitigation
- Three types of traffic
- At 21 he was $726,000 in debt
- Turning 26 on June 16, 2017
- Did $500k in 6 months in 2015
- Did a couple million in 2016
- May hit 8-figures in 2017
- Failed three times in a row
- Sucked at operations and finance so it wasn't until he found a good #2 that he feels like he has something sustainable
- If people don't have skin in the game you probably expect too much of them
- Sold his agency to avoid bankruptcy (it was pride...he recommends sucking it up, claiming bankruptcy, and rebuilding)
- He was cocky, naive, and (still) young
- He hated his life but he had about $8k in monthly expenses so he started a marketing agency in 2014 and made a lot of sales
- He moved, fired everyone, and had about three month's of savings
- He was asked to teach someone internet marketing but he was turned off by it
- He wrote a one-page Google Document with an outline of a course he would teach and offered to his friends at $2,000 and 24 people signed up!
- That has now generated over $2 million in revenue
- Lead generation fixes cash flow problems and that fixes every other problem
- You have to be willing to break things along the way
- Validation is grossly underestimated
- Forget the business plan. Hustle and go get your first couple hundred thousand in sales
- Implement and create to have an amazing life. If you're a consumer...you're screwed!
- If you're afraid of producing content you're not learning enough
- Spend four hours doing the four things no one can take from you
- Meeting new people (connecting not networking)
- Developing an audience (produce content)
- Now you'll become a thought-provoker and become known for it
- He can't help people at zero anymore because he hasn't been there for so long
- Help those just one to two steps behind you
- Own your platform (email)
- Build a community, an audience, a movement or you're an idiot
- It's the way you talk with your people
- LinkedIn group, podcast, etc
- It's more than just a lead generation webinar that you try to pitch
- Advocates are better than leads
- Mitigate your risk
- You'll lose your initial ad spend
- Hustle to make the money to afford the ads
- If you're making under $500k and you go to an agency you'll get screwed just because you don't have enough of a budget
- You need to understand marketing, sales, operations, financials, culture on your team,...or you're hosed
- If the right information is implemented properly then magic can happen
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
How'd You Like This Episode?
Market like you mean it.
Now go sell something.