Why and how to coach sales superstars
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Consistency is key to success for successful sales managers
- Career discussions
- One-on-one sessions
- They are usually non-quota-carrying managers
- Top sales reps think they want to be left alone but they do appreciate good coaching and guidance
- Most sales managers were promoted into the position from a top sales role but were never given any guidance on how to be a successful sales manager
- That's why they focus on helping the sales managers
- This training is for the benefit of the sales managers.
- It's not a knock on you to get help.
- It's a compliment that leadership wants to invest in you.
- Invest in all of your salespeople with basic coaching and feedback.
- If your people aren't performing then it's a different support and accountability model.
- She has a slight preference for promoting from within
- Familiarity and credibility
- Shows a career path
- Sales managers need to lead, so as long as they can lead they can come from outside the industry
- The best sales managers track the activities of their sales teams but they know what to focus on and limit it
- The best sales managers know how to be flexible
- Great sales managers do team meetings less-often—maybe monthly vs. weekly—and they're more focused on education
- They're building from relationships
- They make their salespeople feel as though they are appreciated as individuals, not just workers
- They're accessible
- Consistent, documented feedback is key. This helps you stay ahead of the curve when faced with under-performers
- Salespeople are looking for feedback and guidance
- Should your senior salespeople train new salespeople?
- Get your salespeople outside their comfort zones. Create experiences for your team to get them to stretch and grow.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Sarah Wirth's EcSell Institute site
- Order Sarah Wirth's book, "The Coaching Effect: What Great Leaders Do to Increase Sales, Enhance Performance, and Sustain Growth"