This man went from taking orders to the Order of Man
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- People allow excuses to slow them down
- People allow themselves to become victims
- He grew up without a father and floundered
- He and his wife "called it quits" four years into their marriage...but they fought for their marriage and are now celebrating 13 years
- Was in Ramadi, Iraq in 2005-2006 and got into financial planning for about 9 years
- Still has that practice that he started about three years ago...but he always felt out of place in that field
- Now his wife notices that he is more present with his clients when he started out on his own
- He walked away from six figures of golden handcuffs
- Immediately started making more money
- Started Order of Man two years ago
- He started "Wealth Anatomy" podcast as a financial advisor
- About 20 episodes in he realized he loved the medium but wanted to expand the conversation beyond the financial industry
- He just shifted and renamed the podcast
- He went to a men's style conference
- He had "low expectations" with the new podcast. He had a successful financial planning business and just wanted to do his own thing.
- Reached out to guests with bigger tribes and the show grew
- After 8-9 months of doing this as a hobby his wife came to him and saw his energy but he was spending a lot of time on it at the expense of his financial business
- Launched the "Iron Council" in Nov 2015 and made $1,000...but grew it from there
- Jan 2016 it really took off
- Started as a 12-week course with 12 men.
- He just took action.
- The lack of details and specifics didn't hold him back.
- Created a private Facebook Group
- Created weekly assignments for the members
- Has a Closed but free Facebook Group and had about 1,000 members and promoted the course to them
- Still has 7 of the first 12 in the group 18 months later
- Still experiments with his content sharing...focus on the end result and enjoy the journey
- Starts with his private group and opens the conversation to his personal profile
- Facebook will suggest Groups and that is helping him gain 150-200 member requests per day
- He mentioned the group on his podcast for 7-8 months and that helped him get those first 1,000 members
- Why have a closed group on Facebook vs. allowing anyone to join, including women?
- He's not taking on new financial clients...but he's getting more and more referrals
- Stop looking for the easy button
- Why you need to plant your flag
- Six months into their marriage he was deployed for 18 months and it was hard
- Maybe six months after their first child was born he lost his way
- He blamed her for their issues...
- They were separated for about three months when he realized he had to work on himself
- She responded to his positive growth and taking ownership
- You have it in you to overcome adversity
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.