Don't let another conversation disappear into thin air
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- He was an inside sales rep and had no visibility into what was happening on the front line
- Record all conversations and map to Salesforce and HubSpot
- No need to take notes
- Determine what your top performers say and do to close the sale
- This helps you listen better and pitch less or wait until you have done a thorough discovery before pitching
- Get more people involved in the buying cycle and conversation
- The biggest predictor of making a complex sale is how many people you can get into a meeting simultaneously
- One is the loneliest number
- Have video turned on for both parties
- Make sure there are clear next steps when the meeting concludes (Get The Sales Agenda to solve this!)
- No company is too small or big
- Management and the culture sets the pace on acceptance of this
- NPS is through the roof with Chorus AI
- This helps reps learn from one another
- Notify the prospect in the calendar invitation and the sales rep can tell the prospect that they'll send them a recording of the meeting when it's done
- Review "game film" together once a week
- Battlecards in real time
- No setup required
- Click of a button
- No IT help needed
- This gives you "what's working" and "what's happening in the conversation" vs just a recording and searchable transcription
- Chorus AI will tag topics automatically so you can scroll ahead to get to the relevant information
- His first business
- Raised over $50 million in venture capital
- People are key
- Know who your customers are
- Came from management consulting
- Found a trend that the top performers weren't being tapped for critical insight to push up to management
- Was working 100-hour weeks
- Quit when his son was born and took a "year on" instead of a "year off"
- Brought in two friends from college. One was a great engineer who was running his own company and another who was an expert in speech recognition.
- Become fanatical. Dive in.
- Early customers took a risk on him.
- First, do no harm.
- Own your mistakes.
- Landed some paid pilots and did some free beta trials with the offer of grandfathered pricing
- Took about six months of initial development then another six months of what their target market looked like.
- Built his own dialer in the beginning but realized after about six months that they were taking on too much.
Do only what you can do. De-risk what you are building."
- How to stand out in a noisy world
- Referrals and testimonials
- Love on your customers to build word-of-mouth
- Share insight
- Does make outbound calls
- "Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise"
- Avoid weak words and phrases like "normally," "standard," "generally"
- Sales should be an apprenticeship model
- "High level problem solving with dire physical consequences." Joe Rogan
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- SOAR your sales with the first guest on The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Chorus to learn how to apply the Conversation Cloud™to grow your sales
- No-cost proof of concept
- Follow Chorus AI on LinkedIn
Subscribe To The Sales Podcast To Get Each Episode Immediately
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources...