Don't let another conversation disappear into thin air
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- He was an inside sales rep and had no visibility into what was happening on the front line
- Record all conversations and map to Salesforce and HubSpot
- No need to take notes
- Determine what your top performers say and do to close the sale
- This helps you listen better and pitch less or wait until you have done a thorough discovery before pitching
- Get more people involved in the buying cycle and conversation
- The biggest predictor of making a complex sale is how many people you can get into a meeting simultaneously
- One is the loneliest number
- Have video turned on for both parties
- Make sure there are clear next steps when the meeting concludes (Get The Sales Agenda to solve this!)
- No company is too small or big
- Management and the culture sets the pace on acceptance of this
- NPS is through the roof with Chorus AI
- This helps reps learn from one another
- Notify the prospect in the calendar invitation and the sales rep can tell the prospect that they'll send them a recording of the meeting when it's done
- Review "game film" together once a week
- Battlecards in real time
- No setup required
- Click of a button
- No IT help needed
- This gives you "what's working" and "what's happening in the conversation" vs just a recording and searchable transcription
- Chorus AI will tag topics automatically so you can scroll ahead to get to the relevant information
- His first business
- Raised over $50 million in venture capital
- People are key
- Know who your customers are
- Came from management consulting
- Found a trend that the top performers weren't being tapped for critical insight to push up to management
- Was working 100-hour weeks
- Quit when his son was born and took a "year on" instead of a "year off"
- Brought in two friends from college. One was a great engineer who was running his own company and another who was an expert in speech recognition.
- Become fanatical. Dive in.
- Early customers took a risk on him.
- First, do no harm.
- Own your mistakes.
- Landed some paid pilots and did some free beta trials with the offer of grandfathered pricing
- Took about six months of initial development then another six months of what their target market looked like.
- Built his own dialer in the beginning but realized after about six months that they were taking on too much.
Do only what you can do. De-risk what you are building."
- How to stand out in a noisy world
- Referrals and testimonials
- Love on your customers to build word-of-mouth
- Share insight
- Does make outbound calls
- "Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise"
- Avoid weak words and phrases like "normally," "standard," "generally"
- Sales should be an apprenticeship model
- "High level problem solving with dire physical consequences." Joe Rogan
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- SOAR your sales with the first guest on The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Chorus to learn how to apply the Conversation Cloud™to grow your sales
- No-cost proof of concept
- Follow Chorus AI on LinkedIn
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as: