Walk Into a Room & Remember Everyone You Meet
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Why you should hold something in your hands in your promotional photos
- Started doing live memory classes at age 18
- Was cold-calling after college
- The one line that changed his life while cold-calling
- "It's a massive display of discipline."
- How to stop sabotaging yourself
- Your negative self-talk is killing you
- How to think when you're sizing up someone for the first time
- How to clear your mind to prepare to remember someone's name
- Ask yourself "What is their name?"
- Slow down the introductions so you can catch everyone's name
- "Hey, I'll have to reintroduce myself."
- Have a pre-determined picture for everyone's name
- Steve = Stove
- Lisa = Mona Lisa
- John = John Wayne or a Port-a-John
- You'll meet someone, read a name tag, see a name on a billboard...
- For the next 60 days turn every name you see into a picture
- "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
- People love to hear their own name
- See "Steve with big ears" and a stove melting his ears...see it vividly and emotionally
- "The mind palace" or "Memory palace"
- What everyone gets wrong about memory systems
- It is work at first
- But it gets quite simple
- Like grocery shopping with just your arms vs. using a shopping cart
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Remember to visit his site at Black Belt Memory