Get your copywriting done right with fees that aren't out of sight
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Four years as a direct response copywriter
- They are taught English from grade school
- 4,300 members in his Facebook group for copywriters
- Worked for a digital marketing ad agency
- The concept of direct response copywriting was new to him. Most were accustomed to writing ads and slogans.
- Now he coaches and mentors and teaches copywriter
- His friend is an attorney and thought he was doing "copy rights!"
- Direct response copywriting is all about selling via the written word
- You run an ad to a page and you expect them to buy as soon as they read the page. It's more measurable and convenient for businesses looking to grow sales quickly.
- Copywriting is a deep rabbit hole
- Start with templates and frameworks to begin then break the rules to apply the art once you are familiar with the "rules" to find your own style
- The formulas do work but as Eugene Schwartz says "Formulas work once." He's a bit on the advanced side.
- Gary Halbert is a great place to start.
- Viking Velociraptor
- Verify something the audience has seen or thought
- Validate the way they feel about it
- Share common Values
- Point out a Villain you help them "stick it to"
- Sales letters
- 21 Step Perry Belcher
- "Knowledge without action is still inaction."
- Start writing to get better at writing
- Social media posts
- Look for engagement
- Look for swipe files
- Start small
- Understand that rejection is part of business growth
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- SOAR your sales with the first guest on The Sales Podcast