Get your copywriting done right with fees that aren't out of sight
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Four years as a direct response copywriter
- They are taught English from grade school
- 4,300 members in his Facebook group for copywriters
- Worked for a digital marketing ad agency
- The concept of direct response copywriting was new to him. Most were accustomed to writing ads and slogans.
- Now he coaches and mentors and teaches copywriter
- His friend is an attorney and thought he was doing "copy rights!"
- Direct response copywriting is all about selling via the written word
- You run an ad to a page and you expect them to buy as soon as they read the page. It's more measurable and convenient for businesses looking to grow sales quickly.
- Copywriting is a deep rabbit hole
- Start with templates and frameworks to begin then break the rules to apply the art once you are familiar with the "rules" to find your own style
- The formulas do work but as Eugene Schwartz says "Formulas work once." He's a bit on the advanced side.
- Gary Halbert is a great place to start.
- Viking Velociraptor
- Verify something the audience has seen or thought
- Validate the way they feel about it
- Share common Values
- Point out a Villain you help them "stick it to"
- Sales letters
- 21 Step Perry Belcher
- "Knowledge without action is still inaction."
- Start writing to get better at writing
- Social media posts
- Look for engagement
- Look for swipe files
- Start small
- Understand that rejection is part of business growth
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- SOAR your sales with the first guest on The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as: