You gotta write a check for freedom
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Born and raised in Milwaukee
- Sales and entrepreneurship has been in his blood
- Made a little business in 4th grade
- Ran all the gambling pools in school
- Was cutting deals on fireworks in 7th grade (drove 7 hours to Indiana for the buy-one-get-one free deals)
- Built a multi-million dollar real esate empire but went into bankruptcy and has built it back
- Now he has dissected how he did it and is helping others create success from scratch
- Success and opportunity is happening all around us but most of us don't speak the language
- If you keep going you're going to get there
- 1999-2000 Nick really got going into real estate
- Money was loose
- Credit was easy
- He borrowed a ton of money and played the leverage game
- Built a huge portfolio
- Did the "traditional real estate investing route"
- Even used his credit cards
- It's nice to get punched in the face every once it a while...it makes you review things
- Why his bankruptcy was his best business experience
- Went liquid
- Now he teaches the "single family triad"
- Flip homes
- Rentals—he pays cash so there is no leverage
- Leverage is not bad. It can help you grow and scale
- He solves the problems of people looking for real estate
- How to handle the dark days
- He's been listening to Tony Robbins since his stuff was on cassette tapes
- But it's never a true prep for the dark days
- He had poisonous thoughts
- He became a jerk
- He was a big shot entrepreneur and it was all gone
- His ego was more important than his bank account
- He was depressed
- Understand that the tough times are shaping you for something bigger but you don't see the shaping until you get through it
- He didn't just get "punched in the face" he got "shot in the face"
- Forced him to evolve and look around
- There are so many opportunities out there that are outside your plan
- If you keep running you win
- Real estate is the #1 wealth creator on earth, historically, which is why Nick loves it
- It's just there
- It exists
- It's a shortcut to entrepreneurship. Buy low and sell high
- Be flexible and evolve organically with your business plan
- He exhausted every contact in his effort to rebuild. He HOUNDED them!
- He was AGGRESSIVE
- He had a forced sense of urgency
- He moved faster, quicker, now
- Success is about what you do with your earnings
- He makes deals and negotiates and sells, he doesn't do the actual work
- It's not smart to pull up and be too flashy in his industry
- Work hard! Keep going.
- He loves the education business, which is why he is showing people how to grow
- Prince in Texas is one of his great students who is succeeding and he stays in touch with
- He solves problems for people like divorce, death, moves, distressed properties, etc.
- He makes "rough draft moves" in his marketing...but he does it aggressively
- Analyze stuff that actually happens
- Big white boards only matter based on what happens
- Why motion beats meditation
- He learns and applies what he learns
- It takes a lot of work to succeed
- There are no guarantees
- Do the work
- "You gotta write a check for freedom"
- Evolve or get eliminated
Catch Up on Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Nick Ruiz's home on the web at Alpha Home Flipping
- See how Nick creates Success From Scratch
- See how Nick does real estate deals on his YouTube channel
- Nick is active on Instagram so follow him there
- Connect with Nick on Facebook
- Order Nick's new book "Success From Scratch: Mental Strategies for Success in a Survival of the Fittest Environment"
- Join our private Facebook Group, The Implementors, to continue the conversation
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Automate Your Marketing For $9/mo
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Fix Your Follow Up Failure
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft