The key...is knowing how to sell!
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- 60 pounds overweight at age 17
- No girlfriend
- 1.8 GPA
- Boxer showed him his plan for a weigh-in and it was tied to performance.
- 15 certifications he doesn’t even renew anymore
- Trains male entrepreneurs now
- The learning in the certifications is what you need, not the paper
- Create experiences
- Took him a long time to make the transition
- He dropped 53 pounds in 6 months
- Did it wrong
- No podcasts
- No coach
- Starved himself
- Tore up his old fat pictures
- Sharing his story is what helped him with his breakthrough
- Always an entrepreneur
- Started a lawn care business at age 12
- Became insecure and stopped working
- Age 20 he got married and never had a W-2 job
- He got into network marketing
- He narrowed his focus to what he wanted to do and what he was good at (that left two things.!)
- He sticks with his strengths
- Made big bucks in network marketing and his downline got stolen from him
- Lost $48k in business volume overnight so he looked for something he could control.
- You have the skills to grow
- You need to know how to sell. That is key!
- Started with his website
- It was simple
- He built a badass website and got 6,000 visitors per month but got no opt-ins
- So they went to landing pages and he spoke at small groups that lead to bigger groups
- Just sold one-on-one coaching for $1,900
- It was a lot of work
- He over-delivered
- People only value you at half what you charge
- 1,000 coaching clients with no refunds
- Be the only and the best
- Sell the result
- People don’t want the process
- It’s all perceived value
- People want context
- Also group coaching
- 90 day, 6-month, 1 year
- One hour video call every two weeks
- Custom coaching.
- “It’s our fault if you don’t have success and don’t start.”
- “Imagine the worst day of your life every day for 6 months. If you’re good with that, let’s start.”
- July 15-16 event Fortune Builders $35k and $50k.
- Few get through their calls.
- Onboarding: review the whole program.
- Took 500 people to figure that out.
- “Do the boring stuff first.”
- Schedule the calls.
- Thrive Mastermind - got 15 coaching clients.
Steven Benson left Google to fill a need he saw in the marketplace. That's how Badger Mapping came to be. Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs Here
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Automate Your Marketing For $9/mo
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Fix Your Follow Up Failure
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft