About Nathalie Lussier
Nathalie is a digital strategist who believes that unique businesses deserve unique strategies to succeed online…and she loves coming up with ideas to match your ambition.
An early-adopter of technology as a child, Nathalie was designing websites by the age of 12. Despite having job offers from prestigious Wall Street firms, Nathalie followed her passions and while growing her first business, being her quirky self, and wearing a witch’s hat in her videos, she built a website that now boasts 750,000 yearly visitors and over 1 million page views.
That's when her readers started asking her how she did it, which brings us to today's interview.
- Nathalie is good at simplifying the complex. "Start where people are at." (Meet them where they are.) In her healthy eating site, she'd literally show people how to cut an avocado and how to know when it’s ripe. It sounds rudimentary, but people are looking for help and are embarrassed to admit what they don't know so start small and work you way up in helping your prospects and clients.
- Start with a good site and a follow-up system in place. Nathalie offers her 30-day list-building challenge for free. Most people are building big Facebook profiles or Twitter followers but no email lists. The problem with this strategy is if people weren’t online when you made that Tweet or Post you've lost your chance to make an impact and a sale. Also, social media is quickly becoming a pay-to-play arena. If you are going to spend money online, make sure you start with a good web site and email follow-up sequence. (That's why I recommend these CRMs.)
- Nathalie recommends Wordpress and she has some great plugins she recommends that are free to use and can help you grow.
- “Empower your audience to share for you.” Have easily-shareable images. Click To Tweet from blog posts.
- Google+ is important now.
- Start with great content.
- Have strong calls to action.
- If I don’t ask people to share they don’t.
- Use BackupBuddy to backup your Wordpress website.
- Use a more robust host for your site once you start making money and increasing traffic. Nathalie uses WP Engine. I use Media Temple for this site but I got started with HostGator (and still use them today for development of new sites before I launch them).
- Don’t get stuck in thinking about everything. Just get going and put one front in front of the other.
- Death To The Stock Photo
- WP MultiSite
- Nathalie Lussier's Home Page
- Off The Charts Business Podcast With Nathalie Lussier
- 30 Day List Building Challenge
- Off The Charts Live
- Nathalie Lussier Google+
- Nathalie Lussier on YouTube
If you liked this episode, please let Nathalie Lussier and me know on Twitter.
Tools To Thrive
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Subscribe to The Sales Podcast
Share your appreciation for this episode by letting my guest and me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer® podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Apply Magnetic Marketing to your business and watch your business grow
- Learn to put Personality In Copy and watch your influence grow
- Go where the money is: Marketing To The Affluent
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Ontraport Demo
Now go sell something.