Pick Your Account QB to Lead The Sale
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- 41 sales VPs told her the book they wanted written
- Live interviews over a year in researching the book
- Hiring is a great start
- You must create the engine to drive results
- Follow through
- Build a culture that focuses on big deals
- War rooms
- Account teams
- Big deals, i.e. the complex sale
- With a team you can keep your prices high
- Engage the executive sponsor
- Sell on value
- Account teams help you sell on value
- Who should lead the account team?
- You need yellow and red flags so we know what to look for when things aren't working
- 15 years in sales consulting
- "War Room Services" joins the account teams and helps close the deals
- $40 million deal that didn't look promising at first
- Had to defeat an incumbent and overcome geography issues
- Took nine months
- Within 90 days that client got them a huge referral
- Sometimes you're not ready for bigger deals
- Are you committed to pursue this opportunity from start to finish?
- What's the strategic value of landing this account?
- Can you fulfill on the order?
- 16 plays of leadership, culture, execution, etc.
- Plus a sideline coach, i.e. 16 experts from around the world
- Brian Burtz is one of the experts who says "change the rules."
- How to handle top performing salespeople, including the renegades
- Opportunity finder playbook
- Sales managers have 2x challenges as goals today
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Top Line Sales
- Buy Lisa Magnuson's book, "The TOP Sales Leader Playbook: How to Win 5X Deals Repeatedly"
- Buy her book for sales pros, "The TOP Seller Advantage: Powerful Strategies to Build Long-Term Executive Relation"