Do White-Hat SEO With Kyle Roof
Jan 26, 2023
Create inbound leads with good SEO
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Burned-out trial attorney with his wife.
- Moved to Korea for one year, which turned into five years of teaching English.
- Now they live in Thailand
- Had to create a website for a business he started.
- His brother was a coder/developer.
- Opened a coding business in India.
- The police in India shook down his brother and arrested him, and kicked him out of town.
- Hemorrhaging clients at that point.
- Kyle had clients who needed SEO, and he had to learn it overnight to keep the lights on in 2013/2014.
- Got good at it and started an agency with his Australian partner.
- Now they have 31 employees.
Related episodes and posts
- Law school helped him with analytics and research and connecting the dots, which helped him with SEO.
- He created a tool to test the algorithm of Google.
- Nobody was doing this.
- He created a U.S. Patent.
- Google doesn't want to make huge changes to its algorithm.
- Title Tag, H1, Paragraph Tags (Ptag), and URL.
- Div tags are nothing.
- "Google can't read like a human."
- Tools like SEMRush are all-inclusive, whereas Kyle's program is looking at on-page SEO.
- He turned it into a Python script.
- Types of SEO
- On-page: the words you put on your site and where you put them.
- Off-page: i.e., backlinks pointing back to you. It's essentially a vote, but not all votes are not equal. Links can lose value over time, i.e., link rot.
- Technical: can Google find your site and crawl it?
- How long should your homepage be?
- It's your business card.
- Use human language on your website.
- Create your Roman Numeral outline as you create your website.
- Can you be a bad writer but good at SEO?
- Just answer the basic question.
- Don't get too much into the weeds.
- To draw an apple, go study an apple.
- The secret is hiding in plain sight, i.e., study the pages Google shows you that rank.
- Big guys focus on short keywords vs. long-tail keywords/phrases.
- The longtail keywords are good for buyer intent.
- It's less traffic but better traffic on the longtail.
- At least quarterly look at how your page is doing.
- "People also ask."
- For example, add to your pages answers to questions.
- Don't assume your page isn't doing well.
- Look at your analytics.
- Don't just delete your pages. Take the time to redirect them if they're old and not getting traffic.
- Video is nice because you can transcribe it.
- Infographics are making a comeback.
- AI is finding information and spinning it, so relax.
Infographics are making a comeback."
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: Just because you like the show, the no-bullshit approach, and don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Sendspark: Send video emails that make an impact so you can stand out from the noise. Use promo code SALESWHISPERER to get 33% off for 3 months
- Guest Site: https://kyleroof.com/
- Guest Training Site: http://internetmarketing.gold/
- Guest SEO Tool: https://pageoptimizer.pro/
- Guest Twitter:
- Guest Instagram:
- Guest LinkedIn:
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- Vimeo Full Episodes
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer