Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast ...
- Decade in software sales
- Mostly in startups doing full-cycle selling
- He used a lot of outreach tools that were "hacky and cool"
- "How else can I get in front of potential buyers?"
- Sent letters, Starbucks cards, stole swag from marketing and mailed it
- But it was hard to track
Related episodes and posts
- Salespeople get lazy
- Omni-channel, multi-touch points
- Maybe it's SMS
- Maybe you drop by in person
- Maybe you call
- He started Sendoso as a side-hustle
- He started sending Starbucks cards at first
- Started CoffeeSender.com with a few CRM integrations
- Mapped out the MVP
- Found developers on UpWork (eLance), and it cost him $5k to build and about six months
- His own company let him plug it into their Salesforce
- Quit his job and brought on a Co-founder
- His co-founder was a college friend and user of Coffee Sender
- It was not a SaaS when he started
- He had done about $700,000 in revenue over 18 months
- Had maybe 3,000 users
- Developed great traction to then raise more money
- Sender.com was about $30k to buy
- He liked "send" in the name
- He was a top rep, which allowed him some leeway with his company to try his Coffee Sender service
- Account-Based Marketing was just starting up
- There is more of a cost when sending direct mail and gift cards, so there are fewer competitors in the space
- He has some tech to help confirm addresses
- You can personalize the notes and products you're sending
- Take as many shots as you can on goal
How else can I get in front of potential buyers?"
- Maybe offer a mug if they sit through a webinar
- Maybe someone got a promotion, so send them a bottle of champagne or an Uber Eats card for lunch
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Hire The Best Speaker for your sales meeting or marketing conference
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: because you like the show and its no-bullshit approach, and you don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, and save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Guest Site: https://partner.sendoso.com/v5nq6htpt9jl
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheSalesWhispererWes
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/thesaleswhispererwes