Hire for cultural fit and groom your people for success.
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Grown staff from 50 to 400 in 2.5 years
- From $5 million in recurring revenue to $50 million per year
- PatientPop: It's like HubSpot for doctors
- Once you have a consistent sales process you know you're onto something
- Listen to your customers. Review the NPS responses.
- Understand how your prospects and clients learn
- Be stern in your recommendations
- They educate their marketplace
- Leverage channel partners
- You need to warm up the market with good educational content
- Aware and educate on the solution once they raise their hands
- Get in the weeds to show the prospect how it works
- Know how your clients buy.
- 8.6 day sales cycle but they do detailed demos.
- 105 in sales so about 25% of the company
- Sales development reps
- Inside sales
- Partner sales
- Field sales
- Follows the leader like Mark Roberge in how he finds top sales talent
- Also looks at "action over academia"
- Move fast. Be accountable.
- Likes to find talent that is happy where they are and killing it
- He's a big fan of having good recruiters
- Inside is "tribal training" with a fast start in the first two weeks then ongoing with metrics at 30, 60, 90 days
- "Top performers should rob from bottom" so he's commission-heavy
- PPC is still effective for reaching physicians
- Always experiment with your marketing processes
- Grow your team into their roles (Stepwise growth)
- He hires smart, young people right out of school and bring them up with a gradual progression
- Confidence comes with experience, not just age
- Sales enablement person is Sandler trained but they focus on "company training" first
- Sell your people on your company and your customers
- His AEs sell as well as coach and mentor with a pod system
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- SOAR your sales with the first guest on The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Justin's personal blog for "bite-sized lessons and big-time revenue."
- Follow Justin on Twitter
- Connect with Justin Welsh on LinkedIn
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as: