Hire for cultural fit and groom your people for success.
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Grown staff from 50 to 400 in 2.5 years
- From $5 million in recurring revenue to $50 million per year
- PatientPop: It's like HubSpot for doctors
- Once you have a consistent sales process you know you're onto something
- Listen to your customers. Review the NPS responses.
- Understand how your prospects and clients learn
- Be stern in your recommendations
- They educate their marketplace
- Leverage channel partners
- You need to warm up the market with good educational content
- Aware and educate on the solution once they raise their hands
- Get in the weeds to show the prospect how it works
- Know how your clients buy.
- 8.6 day sales cycle but they do detailed demos.
- 105 in sales so about 25% of the company
- Sales development reps
- Inside sales
- Partner sales
- Field sales
- Follows the leader like Mark Roberge in how he finds top sales talent
- Also looks at "action over academia"
- Move fast. Be accountable.
- Likes to find talent that is happy where they are and killing it
- He's a big fan of having good recruiters
- Inside is "tribal training" with a fast start in the first two weeks then ongoing with metrics at 30, 60, 90 days
- "Top performers should rob from bottom" so he's commission-heavy
- PPC is still effective for reaching physicians
- Always experiment with your marketing processes
- Grow your team into their roles (Stepwise growth)
- He hires smart, young people right out of school and bring them up with a gradual progression
- Confidence comes with experience, not just age
- Sales enablement person is Sandler trained but they focus on "company training" first
- Sell your people on your company and your customers
- His AEs sell as well as coach and mentor with a pod system
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- SOAR your sales with the first guest on The Sales Podcast
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Justin's personal blog for "bite-sized lessons and big-time revenue."
- Follow Justin on Twitter
- Connect with Justin Welsh on LinkedIn
Subscribe To The Sales Podcast To Get Each Episode Immediately
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources...