Don't bring donuts, bring insight
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Sales tips have not evolved since 1983
- Most sales "stuff" is driven from a model
- We become zealots of "the model" because "the model has to be the answer"
- Sales enablement today is not about the model
- Belief systems drive sales behaviors
- The world does not need another model but models are good
- Skill vs Will
- Most sales professionals believe they are good at relationship building
- Most sales professionals are wrong
- The Mentalizer's Paradox
- Salespeople are not trained properly
- Salespeople are unaware
- How many won deals because your customer liked you?
- How many lost deals because your customer didn't like you?
- You use weak words
- You're afraid of being told no
- You're afraid of the answer
- You're afraid of re-building the pipeline
- You're afraid of not being liked
- We're emotional beings who think
- Needing purpose
- Don't bring donuts, bring insight
- Manage, don't coach
- Coaching is seen as negative
- The learning objective is not the answer. The improved behavior is the answer.
- Be learner-focused. They should do most of the talking. It's all about them.
- There's too much emphasis on "liking" vs. trusting and respecting
- Desire with no discipline is worthless
- Insight + Humility takes Rigor
- Most people want a thinking partner, not the answer
- Give them an idea
- Challenger model is hubris
- You still must master the art of controlling the conversation
- Questions are always the answer
- When you talk you create objections!
- Get comfortable with being vulnerable
- "N.B.O. (New Business Opportunities)" Ask if you're confused
- Be brief. Be good. Be gone.
- Once you get high, stay high.
- Don't ask permission. "Hey, I'm going to be meeting with your boss. Anything you'd like me to bring up with your boss?"
- Expand your curiosity.
- Out-understand your competitors. Only 11% of customers believe salespeople understand their needs.
- Order Wes's new book, "The Sales Whisperer® Way"
- Get private coaching from Wes to grow your sales
- Go Beyond Sales Enablement To Engage The Modern Buyer, Matt Suggs
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit John Reid's home on the web
- Order John Reid's book "Moving from Models to Mindsets: Rethinking the Sales Conversation"
- "Don't Talk To The Police"
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as: