Focus on Lifestyle To Know How to Grow
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Docked in Rhode Island
- Author of Seven Books
- Sold his home with his wife and bought a boat last December and moved onto the boat April 15th and spent two weeks preparing and headed north to see his daughter and grandkids
- His next event, Dream Biz Academy, is in September
- In November cruising to Florida for the winter
- His son sold everything and drove to California and felt liberated
- There's a new definition of success: Freedom > Stuff
- The process of acquiring "stuff" just seems to happen
- Now they had to re-train their brains
- Without so much room they don't buy so much
- Time freedom and living life on your own terms is so important
- He's now a full time cruiser
- He is feeling himself unwinding
- 16 years in business and the first 8-10 were tough
- His goal was to only work with clients Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- You have to define the lifestyle you want
- Lived in his house for 29 years and raised four kids
- Their community grew and got busier and they looked for a change
- Activity does not equal Progress
- "The 3 AM holy crap moment"
- It's because you're not doing something you know you should be doing
- It's not because you're missing the latest Wordpress plugin
- It's time to "man up"
- You know what you need to do
- Rock bottom is not such a bad place if you don't stay there
- Jim was out of work for nearly 18 months, had cancer
- His first year in business was "revenue-free"
- If slow to no-growth is no longer an option...
- He got hit with a hard question in a high-level mastermind that turned his business around
- Your fear is holding you back
- His first book took 18 months, now he writes them in 5-8 weeks
- You'll be judged based on the content and the value you provide
- You can purchase speed
- Hire a mentor
- Join a mastermind with an experienced leader
- Research your coaches with the modifier "scam"
- As he started doing live events he started sharing additional stories about his struggles and deeper information
- How to do events
- His events are small on purpose (50 people) so he can go deep and pull back the curtain
- No pitching by speakers, they sit in the audience
- It's intimate and everyone shares
- Does it about every eight months
- About half are repeat
- He'll be 59 in early June but doesn't plan to retire
- How to coach
- Two are 12 month commitments
- One is 18 months (VIP) where he and his team do all of the heavy lifting (Done for and with you)
- No guarantees but the foundation will be set
- He was so concerned about his clients early on but he told them "I'm not your babysitter and will not chase you to schedule our calls"
- You have to apply and he digs deep before he takes you on
- Never be the cheapest
- You need to be on all social media platforms but you have to focus on your key platforms and let your team manage the rest
- He avoids politics
- He gives tips and shares some personal info
- Keep your opinions to yourself
- Don't worry about the Likes. You're being seen.
- Fix your brand. You'll be paid more for who you are than what you do.
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Jim Palmer's home on the web
- Get Jim's Books
- Just Say Yes: Create Your Dream Business and Live Your Dream Lifestyle
- Stop Waiting For it to Get Easier: Create Your Dream Business Now (Kevin Harrington wrote the foreword)
- The Magic of Newsletter Marketing - The Secret to More Profits and Customers for Life
- It's Okay To Be Scared - But Never Give Up
- DECIDE - The Ultimate Success Trigger
- The Fastest Way to Higher Profits - 19 Immediate Profit-Enhancing Strategies You Can Use Today
- Stick Like Glue - How to Create an Everlasting Bond with Your Customers So They Spend More, Stay Longer, and Refer More!
- Follow Jim on Instagram
- Follow Jim on Twitter
- Follow Jim on Pinterest
- Connect with Jim on LinkedIn
- Get his books for free (just pay shipping and handling)
- Our Floating Home
How'd You Like This Episode?
Market like you mean it.
Now go sell something.