Shrink your ego to grow your marketshare
Click here to download the episode.
[ LISTEN NOW ON ITUNES ]
- No cheesy tactics
- How to negotiate like a professional
- Buyers have more power because they have more alternatives
- MLP: Motivation, Leverage, Power
- Motivation and Leverage are diametrically opposed
- Leverage is important when you're the weaker party
- How to handle "send me a proposal"
- Motivation on the sales side
- Sell like you don't have to sell
- Prospect so you have a full pipeline
- Play offense in tough times
- Go take marketshare
- Still sell like a professional and build relationships
Keep your customers and grab marketshare."
- Find a way to grab marketshare
- Keep your own customers
- Protect your turf
- Don't let your egos get in the way
- Jeb's team is on the phone regularly and they are reaching people
- Conversations are longer, more robust, more open
- "Nobody answers a phone that doesn't ring."
- Leave a good voicemail
- Multi-media, multi-step including text
- Change up your offers
- These are not normal times so adjust your prospecting efforts, including your script
- "I'm an extra set of hands, how can I help you?"
- Nuance and empathy go a long way
- Listen to what they're saying and how they're saying it
- Spend your salary, save your commission check
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast