It's Time You Made Selling Easy
Tools To Thrive
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
What you'll learn in this episode...
- How to sell like a man (and a woman)
- How to dis-qualify
- The difference between "selling" and "sorting"
- Where to focus your efforts in the sales process. (You only have three choices: the beginning, the middle, the end)
Sales professionals (especially men) know when to be quiet on a sales call. (I say "especially men" because we're terrible at jumping in to "solve and fix" things right away before we know the whole story.)
You have two ears and one mouth: Use them proportionately.
- Ask better questions.
- Only answer the questions that are asked.
- When you do answer the question that was asked—and you MUST answer the questions your prospects ask—conclude with "Does that answer your question?" and see what they say.
Last week I was on a demo call with a salesman wanting me to come on board as an affiliate to sell his software. He hadn't yet listened to this episode...and it was exhausting trying to keep up with him. He wouldn't take a breath. He'd start to answer my question before I finished asking it.
Mirror your prospects, which means match their demeanor, tone, and volume as best you can.
Understand their questions even if it means you have to ask five qualifying questions to do so.
For example, when I was a meteorologist in the Air Force, my briefing would be "short and sweet," i.e. "clear and calm until noon then winds gusting up to 20 knots out of the northwest until 5 pm with overcast conditions rolling in starting at 6 pm. Any questions?" Now I'd be prepared to discuss the hourly conditions for our base, our three nearest alternate bases in case the pilots had divert, as well as the target/mission area for the next 24 hours including?
- wind speed & direction from the surface to 40,000 feet
- cloud layers
But I didn't give every pilot on every mission every detail because most of them didn't want or need all of that information.
[Tweet ""Whomever asks questions is in control of the sales meeting" says @SalesWhisperer on the Market Like A Man #podcast"]
Links To Connect With Wes
If you liked this episode, please let me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer® podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Apply MagneticMarketing to your business and watch your business grow
- Learn to put PersonalityInCopy and watch your influence grow
- Go where the money is: Marketing To The Affluent
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Ontraport Demo