(7,356 members as of this post) posted the fact that he was praying for a sales job.
Here is my response to how to get a sales job this week...
"Joe, Make a list of the top 10 companies you'd like to work for and go see them in order. Go sit in the lobby and tell the receptionist you'd like to see the VP of Sales (find his/her name before you arrive.)
"When they ask if you have an appointment tell them the truth, which is 'no,' but that you are here to work for free.
"After the receptionist tilts her head she'll eventually contact the VP of Sales.
"If she says:
- 'We are not hiring right now,' or
- 'The VP doesn't meet with candidates,' or
- 'The VP doesn't meet with people without appointments,' or
- 'all job applicants must go through HR,'...
I'm not a candidate. I'm offering your company a $100,000 per year service that will add $1,000,000 to your top line revenue, but since this will impact sales and this is a limited offer, your VP of Sales will want to see me first. What will it take to fit me into his/her schedule, even here in the lobby or in the kitchen, for 5 minutes?'
"One of three things will happen:
- You'll meet the VP.
- You'll get turned away.
- You'll get an appointment for later that day/week.
"If you get turned away, contact that VP over the phone and say,
Mr./Ms. VP, Today I came to your office and offered your company a $100,000 gift that would add $1,000,000 to your top line revenue in the next 12 months but I was turned away. I will call you tomorrow at 1:15 PM to discuss this offer with you. If that is not a good time or if you would like to speak before then you can reach me at 714-369-8004 (that's my number...put yours in here!). My name is (Wes Schaeffer). Have a great day.'
Then go see their top competitor.
BUT YOU MUST call the next day at 1:15, or whatever time you said you'd call.
Call these top companies seven or 10 or 20 times until one of them takes you up on your offer.
Your offer is to work for them for free for 30 days.
At the end of 30 days they will either hire you and pay you for your 30 days or they will let you go.
If they let you go you DID NOT WASTE 30 days.
You worked, which beats sitting at home scrolling through fake social media stories and binging on Netflix.
You got back into a rhythm of working.
You met people.
You spoke to prospects.
You saw the inner-workings of a company that you can use at your next job.
You got trained on a new CRM or VoIP system or other platform.
You made some friends at the company who are now familiar with you, your work ethic, and your story.
You made a name for yourself.
You convinced yourself you can get things done.
When you do get picked up, contact me and I'll tell you EXACTLY how to set the proper, clear, mutually-agreed-upon expectations for your first 30 days to ensure you are successful.
If you start making these visits and calls today and every day this week with at least 10 companies I guarantee you'll have someone take you up on your offer by the end of the week.
There are many benefits to this:
- It's exciting and different and will make you stretch.
- It will keep you busy and stir your imagination.
- You'll keep your skills sharp because you're making cold calls / prospecting calls.
- You'll sharpen your negotiation skills.
- When you get picked up you'll get to see the company from the inside, which will help you make up your mind as to whether or not this is a good company.
- You'll probably get free coffee and several free meals since most companies bring in food from time to time and/or vendors come in for "lunch-n-learns," which is never a bad thing.
- You will sell like a MADMAN those 30 days because your reputation is on the line, which will make you extremely focused, efficient and productive.
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously." 2 Cor 9:6
In sales and marketing terms, Paul is saying "take massive action!"
Prayer can do all things.
So can prayer and smart, hard, focused work.
God provides, even for the little sparrows, but He makes them get out of the nest to get the worm.
Now go sell something.