Find and Book Paid Speaking Gigs, Grant Baldwin Returns
Mar 20, 2023
When to create your keynote presentation to win
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- How the COVID pandemic helped the speaking industry.
- Virtual speaking became the only game in town.
- He helped speakers get virtual speaking gigs.
- He led in the virtual speaking gig space.
- Things have returned to somewhat normal.
- This is an amazing time for speakers.
Related episodes and posts
- Grant Baldwin's first appearance on The Sales Podcast #429: Why Your First Keynote Should Fail!
- Shot 7 Times, Navy SEAL, Author, Speaker Jay Redman
- Event planners book both virtual and in-person events.
- You need to offer and do both.
- You need to offer ongoing support after the keynote.
- There are still a lot of unknowns in the world, so offering hybrid talks helps the organizer know you are flexible.
- Great speakers can connect with the audience.
- He was a youth pastor around 2005.
- He was attending a youth pastor conference.
- His wife was pregnant with their first child.
- They were in Missouri, and the conference was in Nashville.
- One line in the talk moved him to go all-in on speaking.
- How to know what to charge for your speech.
- What's your industry? Each "pond" is different.
- What are your marketing assets? We judge each other by our covers.
- You're not being picked in a vacuum.
- What is your experience?
- Your fee is in in-direct proportion to the effort it takes the agent to their boss.
- Should you speak for free?
- It's okay as long as you know why you are doing it.
- You need to receive something in exchange for your free talk.
You're not being considered in a vacuum."
- Grant can help you if you're new or experienced.
- How to spin off your signature talk into additional assets.
- You need to create a signature talk and stick with it.
- The best speakers on the planet stick with their main talk.
- You don't know if your talk is good until you give it.
- You get feedback in real-time, so you know how to improve your talk.
- How to title your talk. It's easy to over-index on them.
- There's a difference between speaking to an audience that has to be there vs. those who want to be there.
- If people get to choose to attend your talk, you need a good title.
- Corporations, associations, government, colleges/universities, non-profits...
- Connect with sales executives and ask if they bring in outside speakers and do they have an event coming up.
- Reach out to event planners early.
- Timelines have shrunk considerably since COVID.
- Maybe the top person at an association.
- Maybe various groups at universities.
- Maybe the principal or assistant principal at a high school.
- You don't need a fancy slide deck.
- Grant rarely uses slides.
- It's too easy to over-index on slides.
You don't need a fancy slide deck to deliver a great talk."
- If you cannot speak without your slides, you're not ready.
- Slides should be an enhancement, not a replacement.
- The audience takes their cues from you.
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: Just because you like the show, the no-bullshit approach, and don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, and save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Sendspark: Send video emails that make an impact so you can stand out from the noise. Use promo code SALESWHISPERER to get 33% off for three months
- Guest Site: https://thespeakerlab.com/
- Guest LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/grant-baldwin/
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@TheSalesWhispererWes
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer