The 5 Steps To Becoming a Paid Speaker
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- How to get more paid speaking gigs
- Hopium is not a strategy
- The 5 steps to get paid speaking gigs
- Select a Problem to Solve
- Prepare and Deliver Your Talk
- Establish Your Expertise
- Acquire Paid Speaking Gigs
- Know When to Scale
- Be the steakhouse, not the buffet
- Get your website and demo reel up
- Reach out and speak to people who already put on events
- What are your speaking goals?
- Wanna speak 75 times a year? You better have a broad talk.
- Wanna speak a few times a year? You can be more focused.
- What's the market demand/interest?
- See if there are other speakers in your niche/industry and at the same stage/level in their careers/life
- You need to see other speakers in the area. It proves there is need/want/demand.
- You'll never be sure so get started. You can evolve your talk. "It's not a tattoo."
- Give the same talk with "modules" but unique points/examples for the audience
- If you're having to create a brand new talk each time you speak...you're in trouble
- You need the feedback to make your talk better so have a standard speech
- When you should speak for free. Know why you're doing it.
- How to know your fees
- When to use slides
- Slides should be an enhancement, not a replacement for your talk
- The audience takes their cues from you
- Why Grant hopes you fail in your talk
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Get Grant Baldwin's book, "The Successful Speaker: Five Steps for Booking Gigs, Getting Paid, and Building Your Platform"
- Get his free bonuses if you pre-order before Feb 2020 here
- Visit The Speaker Lab
- Determine your speaker fee at My Speaker Fee