About Today's Guest on The Sales Podcast
Gary Loper has worked in factories, driven taxis, was a massage therapist, and waited 15 years after graduating from high school to get his degree. Hear the rest of his story in episode 95 of The Sales Podcast.
Rubber-Meets-The-Road Sales Tips
- Gary was always learning and striving to improve, which his how he "met" Tony Robbins and Dennis Waitley via video and cassette tapes in a communication class.
- He had become a massage therapist and began specializing in helping people with disabilities but his work was funded by tax dollars.
- His funding dried up for this program and he got depressed. He dusted off his motivational notes and started Tweeting them and those got traction with his followers.
- He took that personal inventory and picked himself up.
- “Chunk things down” to slice up your BHAGs and start achieving better results.
- Create some distance from your emotional issues to help you cope and overcome when you’re dealing with something like depression.
- Be on the lookout for help and accept it when it comes.
- Plug in to things and associate with positive people.
- Upgrade your friends.
- There are no filters on Twitter. You can follow anyone you want and get the info you need to help you grow.
- Find your voice. Hire people to help you find your voice to help manage your social media profile.
- Focus 90% of your time on Entertain, Educate, Enhance their lives, Create Engagement.
- Tweets are searchable so use good keywords.
- You can even recycle past content.
- He had a client that gave up on Twitter but they had about 15,000 followers so he made a backup account and took it over so now he has two profiles but one is a “lighter” version of his main site.
- Twitter Chats / Twitter Parties
- He started trending on his first party
- #GLTP - Gary Loper Twitter Party
- Twubs http://twubs.com or TweetChat
- You may throw a party and nobody will show up. Get over it. Learn and grow.
- Most still like the 1-4 PM on Mon & Tues and Sat (for Gary.)
- Register your hashtag on Twubs.com.
- Give information.
- Build trust and rapport.
- Slowly work in your offers that solve the problems of others.
- “Tell me more” or “so what?” are the only two responses people can give you.
Tools To Thrive
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Share your appreciation for this episode by letting my guest and me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer® podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Apply Magnetic Marketing to your business and watch your business grow
- Learn to put Personality In Copy and watch your influence grow
- Go where the money is: Marketing To The Affluent
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Ontraport Demo