Ed Latimore Knocks Out Your Objections on The Sales Podcast
Oct 11, 2022
Professional Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Former heavyweight boxer
- 78k followers on Instagram, 191.5k followers on Twitter
- Got his physics degree at 33
- Enlisted to get money for school
- Liked math for the career path
- Liked electronics in the Army then found physics
Related episodes and posts
- From the MMA to Her Own Way
- BJJ & NLP?
- BJJ...and Selling?
- BJJ, MMA, Chiropractor, Dog Trainer....Direct Response Copywriter?
- Transferred from community college.
- SEO is tough but worth it.
- He has mastered his E.A.T. (Expertise, Authority, Trust).
- He wanted a website with great traffic.
- Publishers want to see your platform and credentials.
- His first two books were self-published.
- First started using social media and realized the importance of having an audience.
- The more people you can reach, the more people you can sell to, and the more money you can make.
- There's no disadvantage to having an audience.
- Twitter is a late-Millennial thing.
- His friend helped him grow his Twitter account but he used some shady software so Ed had to take back control.
- He has a life outside of social media.
- It's all about being me.
- He writes about the things that interest him.
- He's a walking, talking, ever-growing and evolving resume.
Jobs find me."
- SEO and marketing consulting.
- "People are kinda bad at writing. I was bad at writing, too, when I started this."
- He now has lots of practice writing and he studies other writers.
- His training in physics helped him learn to think and express himself and prove his points.
- Nine years sober.
- Lots of emotions around going sober.
- Still working on his big contribution to society.
- You can't manufacture empathy.
- As long as you're in the game you win the game.
- Patch the holes in the bucket.
- Go make more money: Take a second job or a side hustle or a roommate or whatever!
- Change how you think.
- Ed used to be bad with money.
- He was 23 and got the second boot on his car and he needed a loan from a friend that took him four months to pay back but he kept making the same mistakes.
- He learned if he ate better he felt better at work.
- If he lived closer to work he could save money on commuting.
- He was looking towards the future.
- He kept his little car until he got t-boned.
- The best things in life is to realize what's important so you can stop chasing what is not important.
- Your attachment to material things keeps you from developing.
- "Grew up poor and hood as hell." Now gets to travel and he is seeing how little he needs to be happy.
Sales Growth Tools Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Take The CRM Quiz: get a free consultation with me
- Donate: Just because you like the show, the no-bullshit approach, and don't want to buy a book, software, or The Make Every Sale Program.
- The Sales Agenda: take control of every sales opportunity like a pro.
- Leadferno: Turn lurkers into leads
- Founders Card: Get $20,000 in free processing from Stripe, save 15% on Bose, save on hotels, travel, car rentals, you name it.
- Send Drunk Emails: ...that get opened and get you paid!
- Phone Burner: work the phone like a machine so you can be a human when you connect.
- Sendspark: Send video emails that make an impact so you can stand out from the noise. Use promo code SALESWHISPERER to get 33% off for 3 months
- Guest Site: https://edlatimore.com
- Guest Twitter: https://twitter.com/EdLatimore
- Guest Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/edlatimore/
- Guest LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edlatimore/
- Guest YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/EdLatti
- Support The Sales Podcast: https://bit.ly/3JOJ6jC
- Podcast website: https://www.thesaleswhisperer.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3PeYzKL
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2nEwCF8
- Vimeo Full Episodes
- Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheWes
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/saleswhisperer
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/saleswhisperer
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thesaleswhisperer/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thesaleswhisperer
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saleswhisperer