Everything in life is a presentation
Stream below or right click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn in The Sales Podcast...
- Can one great presentation make you rich?
- Why me? Why not me?
- He was afraid to speak.
- Was forced to speak and overcame the fear and saw the benefit
- He has a baby face but people older than him would buy from him
- Make multiple high-end sales at once
- Founding Partner of Speaking Empire
- Student at FSU and had to take a class in public speaking to graduate (300 students in an auditorium)
- He had to give three presentations in front of the entire class and he dropped it
- He looked for an online class or a smaller class...but didn't find it
- He dropped it again
- He found a loophole to get out of taking the class
- He told his partner this story and he had to cover for his partner or he wouldn't have a job
- He followed the presentation and people sold
- Get people excited and take action
- He was the computer nerd / marketing guy in the background
- They sold hard and had a hot product so it worked but they were doing it wrong (2004-2005)
- Ran a sales territory in Florida and they realized they had to do seminars
- They'd invite a more skilled presenter in but Dustin gave the demo of the software
- Use tools like Podcasts, Facebook Live, etc. to have leverage of your voice and presence to go one-to-many
- Practice, practice, practice
- Work on smaller groups to perfect your big pitch
- Join a mastermind to shorten your learning curve
- Find someone with an audience to put you in front of them
- It can be a leap of faith for the list owner
- Give them the slides ahead of time
- Present to the list owner first to build confidence and deliver value up front
- Go for live to convert max dollar but do both virtual/remote and live in person
- He likes to "sing for his supper"
- Speak for free
- Allowed to pitch and sell from the back of the room
- The value / avalanche close still works
- The formula still works
- Gifts with purchase (bonus)
- Fast-action bonus
- Get small closes / yeses throughout
- In Corporate you may get opt-ins and the close may be for just an appointment
- Don't wait until the end to close
- Give value throughout
- Give out resources like checklists and infographics
- If you have influence / relationships / a good list then do your own events
- If you have relationships with influencers then ask to be on their stage
- He stacks the deck to get opt-ins
- Mobile: "Take out your phone right now" (while taking out his own phone)
- Doing Facebook Messenger now as well
- Always have a backup (paper)
- Don't do your whole presentation on Facebook Live unless that's how you need to push yourself
- Five parts to a presentation
- Body: Your success methodology
- Take components of this and test it on Facebook and ask for comments and input
- This helps you test different elements
- Everything in life is a presentation
- The fortune is in the follow-up
- Take inventory of what you have
- Buy his book
- The Amplify Experience
Listen To Previous Episodes of The Sales Podcast
Support The Families of Our Fallen Navy SEALs
The Navy SEALs and their families need your help. Please donate to my Tampa Bay Frogman Swim here to benefit the Navy SEAL Foundation.
Links Mentioned In The Sales Podcast
- Visit Dustin Mathews's home on the web at No B.S. Presentations
- Order the book by Dustin Mathews, "No B.S. Guide to Powerful Presentations: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Plan to Sell Anything with Webinars, Online Media, Speeches, and Seminars"
- Follow Dustin Mathews on Twitter
- Connect with Dustin Mathews on his Facebook Page
How'd You Like This Episode?
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Make Every Sale
- Get ActiveCampaign For Just $9
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Infusionsoft Review
- HubSpot vs Infusionsoft
- Ontraport vs Infusionsoft
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Now go sell something.