Pay Attention To Sell Like a Pro
Click here to download the episode.
Sales Tips you'll learn today on The Sales Podcast...
- Launched his podcast in Dec 2013
- People asked him for coaching, etc.
- By 2015 he was out of vacation days and he and his wife decided to quit his Corporate America gig and go full time on his own
- Did it all on his own at first. He got up early to record content. He edited at night.
- Would record at lunch, etc.
- When you take a new product to market you need to understand the need to gather and learn
- You're guessing at pricing at first
- He felt guilty asking for money
- But he was learning what the market needed so he knew what to build and offer
- His income growth was on track to replace his sales job so he was cautiously optimistic
- Added consulting to his coaching
- Educate your audiences. He spoke for free everywhere to get the word out.
- Looked into creating products/programs in 2015.
- He had a simple 3-page scope of work for his first consulting client
- He used Google and friends and PandaDoc
- Took an entire weekend to create his first agreement
- His prospect had a lot of confidence in him
- Donald didn't qualify for need and ability and under-priced his services—$1,750 for three weeks
- It helped his sales psyche
- Landed more speaking gigs and business from that gig
- Things suddenly felt "good"
- His Facebook Group is his sounding board for testing ideas
- "Swipe up" on podcast notes
- Is podcasting dead?
- He helps small organizations with an actively-engaged owners