Some say that Abraham Lincoln said that "good things come to those who wait, but only what's left over by those who hustle."
The fact that people believe Lincoln said that shows that the Mediocre Majority use the $800 super-computer in their pockets to look at porn or cat videos or tweak their Fantasy Football roster instead of educating themselves.
The weak bemoan
- "Why can't life be simpler?"
- "Why is life so unfair?"
- "Why don't I get what I am owed?"
- "Why do we have to make so many tough choices?"
("If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." Watch the song below.)
The strong understand that we should not wish for nor seek an easy path.
Rather, we should seek to develop our physical and cognitive skills and abilities to such a point that we can thrive and succeed in our chaotic, ever-changing world.
The strong understand that life is full of trade offs, compromises, and dichotomies.
- "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." Niels Bohr (Nobel Prize winning physicist.)
- "Good things come to those who wait..." vs "The early bird gets the worm."
- "GREAT TASTE!" "LESS FILLING"
Yet the strong move forward boldly, aggressively, and confidently.
They do not see dead ends as failures, merely feedback that helps them adjust their route.
While sometimes we need to not just do something, stand there, at other times we must embrace the fact that you can't steer a parked car.
How do you know what to do? Accept the fact that it's hard as hell to read the label from inside the bottle, and surround yourself with people that can help you reach your true potential despite the noise and the chaos.
Market like you mean it.
Now go sell something.