About Today's Guest
DJ Waldow is the author of "A Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing" and is now the email marketing guru at Marketo. Learn his tips for getting your emails read, your readers engaged and your bottom line growing.
- 4 Big Reasons Your Emails Aren't Opened (And How to Fix It)
- Ben Settle: Rebel, Copywriter, Introvert, Entrepreneur Shows How To Sell More By Email
- Brendan Dubbels of Ontraport on The Truth About Why Your Emails Aren't Delivered
Here are some notes from my interview with DJ Waldow.
- Earn their trust.
- Break the rules.
- Address the WIIFM in the beginning.
- Free is fine but it doesn't have to be free necessarily.
- Give them an image of the email they will get.
- Give your visitors an easy and obvious way to opt-in.
- HAVE an opt-in.
- You'll never always get it right. Keep tweaking. There will always be a lot of moving parts.
- "I'm a recovering perfectionist."
- John Michael Morgan - "Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out from the Competition"
- DJ wrote a list that said "write down goals."
- LeadBrite - Free template (Welcome Gate)
- 40-50% new opt-ins come from that page.
- Popups still work.
- More big companies and brands are using them, too. He sees them as a consumer.
- FunnyOrDie - must be 3 pages deep to see a popup.
- Greatest - YouAreTheGreatest
- Track your mouse movement
- Expensive service
- He personally does not use first name personalization in the greeting or subject line but he recommended it to a client today.
- He's not a fan of double opt-ins. "Too much can go wrong."
- He interviewed Daniel Pink. Nice guy. Writes 500 words a day. Not always that fun.
- Jason Falls - "No Bullshit Social Media"
- Relationship going back 4 years
- Best Practices - not true anymore!!
- It's what's best for your audience.
- Test what works for you
- your audience will tell you if something isn't working
- Pure Matter agency
- Social media friends
- FeedingAmerica is a charity she supports and whomever donates the most money can sponsor their lunch
Tools To Thrive
- Make Your Marketing Magnetic: This is where it all began for me. You can attract qualified, eager buyers like clockwork when you master the concepts in this valuable program.
Subscribe to The Sales Podcast
Share your appreciation for this episode by letting my guest and me know on Twitter.
Thank you for checking out this session of The Sales Whisperer® podcast. If you haven’t done so already, I would love if you left a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
If you need more help growing your sales, check out the following resources scattered around this site and a few others I operate, such as:
- Apply Magnetic Marketing to your business and watch your business grow
- Learn to put Personality In Copy and watch your influence grow
- Go where the money is: Marketing To The Affluent
- Hire The Best Keynote Speaker
- Ontraport Demo